It's OK (Beach Boys song)
"It's O.K." is a song written by Brian Wilson and Mike Love of the American rock band the Beach Boys, released on their 1976 album 15 Big Ones. It was issued as a single on August 9, 1976 (with B-side "Had to Phone Ya") and climbed to number 29 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. The track later reappeared as the B-side to the 1985 single "It's Gettin' Late".
|Single by The Beach Boys|
|from the album 15 Big Ones|
|B-side||"Had to Phone Ya"|
|Released||August 9, 1976|
|Songwriter(s)||Brian Wilson, Mike Love|
|The Beach Boys singles chronology|
The single was the highest-charting original song that the Beach Boys would have in the 1970s, unless one counts "Almost Summer", a song written by Wilson, Love, and Al Jardine for the sidegroup Celebration, which peaked at number 28.
In 1995, Brian commented: "That was written inside Brother Studios in Santa Monica. At the end, where Dennis goes (sings) "Find a ride", we put two of his voices on there, and it sounded fan-tas-tic! Fuckin' fantastic from Dennis." On another occasion, he praised Mike Love's lyrics, but said that the song "doesn't bring back real pleasant memories."
Per 2000 liner notes.
The Beach Boys
- Ricky Fataar – drums
- Al Jardine – harmony and backing vocals
- Mike Love – lead, harmony and backing vocals
- Brian Wilson – harmony and backing vocals; piano, organ, Moog bass
- Carl Wilson – harmony, backing vocals; guitar
- Dennis Wilson – lead, harmony and backing vocals; drums
Additional musicians and production staff
- Dillon, Mark (2014). Fifty Sides of the Beach Boys: The Songs That Tell Their Story. ECW Press. p. 430. ISBN 978-1-77090-198-8.
- Benci, Jacopo (January 1995). "Brian Wilson interview". Record Collector. UK (185).
- Diken, Dennis; Buck, Peter (2000). 15 Big Ones/Love You (booklet). The Beach Boys. California: Capitol Records. p. 2.
|This 1970s rock song–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|