(Redirected from Isometric (disambiguation))
|Look up isometric in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term isometric comes from the Greek for "having equal measurement".
isometric may mean:
- Isometric projection (or "isometric perspective"), a method for the visual representation of three-dimensional objects in two dimensions; a form of orthographic projection, or more specifically, an axonometric projection.
- Isometric graphics in video games and pixel art, a near-isometric parallel projection used in computer art.
- Isometry and isometric embeddings in mathematics, a distance-preserving representation of one metric space as a subset of another. Like congruence in geometry.
- Isometric exercise, a form of resistance exercise in which one's muscles are used in opposition with other muscle groups, to increase strength, for bodybuilding, physical fitness, or strength training.
- Isometre, a rhythmic technique in music.
- Isometric joystick, a type of pointing stick, a computer input option
- Isometric process, a thermodynamic process at constant volume (also isovolumetric)
- Cubic crystal system, also called isometric crystal system
- Isometric platform game, a video game sub-genre.
- Isometric scaling, the opposite of allometry, which occurs when changes in size (during growth or over evolutionary time) do not lead to changes in proportion.
- "Isometric (Intro)", a song by Madeon from the album, Adventure