Investigation Discovery (European TV channel)
Investigation Discovery (abbreviated as ID) is a pay television channel available in several European nations. It competes in the same genre as Crime & Investigation Network which is also available in several European nations. The ID channel features crime programming, including "missing persons and murder inquiries, cold cases and historical crime," as well as documentaries on forensic investigations. One such program is Deadly Women, an investigative series in which former FBI agent and profiler Candice DeLong looks at female killers throughout history.
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Timeshift service||Investigation Discovery +1|
|Launched||20 January 2009|
|Digitenne (Netherlands)||Channel 29 (HD)|
This was followed by launches in Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, and Montenegro in May 2009. On 28 June 2009 the channel replaced nTalk on the Polish platform N. On 15 July it replaced TVN Lingua on Cyfra+.
Investigation Discovery had been broadcasting to Sweden since 2010, but was initially not widely available through major distributors. On 1 October 2014, it was added to the leading cable network Com Hem. It was added by satellite operator Canal Digital on 15 December. In January 2015, Discovery bought the terrestrial broadcasting license held by multicultural channel Kanal Global. That channel stopped broadcasting on 15 February 2015 and Investigation Discovery took over the license after that. The transaction was accepted by the Swedish Broadcasting Authority and the license is valid until 2020.
On 1 June 2015 a localized version launched in Sweden with content adapted for the Swedish market. The first original Swedish programme to air on the channel was Brottscentralen, a live crime show produced by Aftonbladet. Brottscentralen premiered on Investigation Discovery on 31 August 2015. During its first seven months on air, the channel achieved a 0.5 percent share of viewing and reached 1.8 percent of the population each week.
- Discovery Fall Program Guide Archived 2011-11-04 at the Wayback Machine, accessed September 9, 2011.
- "Kolejny kanał pod marką Discovery w Polsce". WirtualneMedia.pl. April 7, 2009.
- "Discovery ID channel heads East". broadbandtvnews.com. April 7, 2009.
- "ITI closes another channel". broadbandtvnews.com. June 19, 2009.
- "Grupa ITI likwiduje kolejną stację". WirtualneMedia.pl. June 19, 2009.
- "Cyfra+: ID Investigation Discovery za TVN Lingua". WirtualneMedia.pl. July 16, 2009.
- "ID Investigation launches in Baltics". broadbandtvnews. August 5, 2009.
- "ID Investigation extends CEE reach". broadbandtvnews. September 14, 2009.
- "Kanalförändringar". Com Hem. Archived from the original on 2016-01-28.
- "Investigation Discovery ny kanal i Familjepaketet". Canal Digital. 12 December 2014. Archived from the original on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Kanal Global ger upp sin plats i linjär-tv – har för låga tittarsiffror för annonsörerna". Dagens Media. 19 January 2015.
- "Investigation Discovery tar över Kanal Globals kanalplats hos Boxer". Discovery Networks Sweden. 19 January 2015.
- Jarco Kriek (June 20, 2011). "Investigation Discovery neemt plaats Discovery Travel & Living in". Totaal TV.
- "Hösten 2015 på Discovery Networks Sweden". Discovery Networks Sweden. 11 June 2015.
- "Ny profil på Investigation Discovery". Canal Digital. 29 May 2015. Archived from the original on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "SBS Discovery sänder Aftonbladet-program". Resumé. 7 April 2015.
- "Leif Silbersky till Brottscentralen". Dagens Media. 26 August 2015.
- "MMS Årsrapport 2015 2014-12-29-2016-01-03" (PDF). Mediamätning i Skandinavien.
- "CANAL INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY LANÇADO EM PORTUGAL ATRAVÉS DA NOS". Meios & Publicidade. 25 September 2018.
- "Novo canal ID – Investigation Discovery chega a Portugal em outubro". canoticias.pt. 26 September 2018.