International Canoe Federation
The International Canoe Federation (ICF) is the umbrella organization of all national canoe organizations worldwide. It is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and administers all aspects of canoe sport worldwide. 157 countries are affiliated with the ICF after seven national federations were added at the 2008 ICF Congress in Rome.
|Affiliations||International Olympic Committee|
- Canoe sprint, formerly flatwater racing (World Championships since 1938)
- ICF Canoe Sprint Junior World Championships from 1985 to 2011
- ICF Canoe Sprint Junior & U23 World Championships from 2013
- ICF Masters Canoe Sprint World Championships
- Canoe marathon, (World championships since 1988)
- ICF Masters Canoe Marathon World Championships
- ICF Canoe Marathon Masters World Cup
- Dragon boat
- Canoe polo (World Championships since 1994)
- Whitewater / Wildwater
- Canoe slalom, formerly slalom racing (World championships since 1949)
- Wildwater canoeing (World Championships since 1959)
- Canoe freestyle (formerly called playboating and before rodeo)
- Flatwater and Ocean
There are five continental associations affiliated with the ICF. These associations are responsible for organizing continental championships, providing support for their member federations and communicating their interests at the ICF Board meetings.
- European Canoe Association
- Pan American Canoe Federation
- Oceania Canoe Association
- Asian Canoe Confederation
- African Canoe Confederation
- "LONDON 2012 ICF FACT SHEET" (PDF). canoeicf.com. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "International Canoe Federation - Paracanoe". Archived from the original on 25 January 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- International Canoe Federation - Va'a Archived 2015-06-19 at the Wayback Machine
- Germany’s "Lost Mills" Becomes First SUP Race to Be Sanctioned by the International Canoe Federation (ICF) SUP Racer, 28 March 2016
- Surfing and canoeing in row over stand up paddle boarding ownership BBC, 5 April 2017
- Surf’s up at SportAccord: An interview with Fernando Aguerre SportsPro, 5 April 2017
- Surf and canoe bosses in Olympic battle over stand-up paddleboarding NZ Herald, 6 April 2017
- Continental Associations Archived 2012-03-28 at the Wayback Machine
- ICF November 30, 2008 article on the 2008 ICF Congress in Rome - accessed 30 November 2008.
- Official website
|This article about a sports-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|