Innovation Norway is a state-owned company and a national development bank.
Innovation Norway is the Norwegian Government's most important instrument for innovation and development of Norwegian enterprises and industry. They support companies in developing their competitive advantage and to enhance innovation.
The company creates value by stimulating to profitable business development throughout Norway. Their programmes and services are intended to create:
- more successful entrepreneurs
- more enterprises with capacity for growth
- more innovative business clusters
Furthermore, the company contributes to:
- Enhancing innovation in Norwegian enterprises and industry
- Building competitive Norwegian enterprises at both domestic and international markets
- Promoting Norwegian enterprises
- Promoting Norway as an attractive tourist destination
- Securing development in rural areas
- Transforming ideas into successful business cases
- Promote interaction between enterprises, knowledge communities and R&D institutions
They have offices in all the Norwegian counties, with the head office in Oslo. It also has offices in 30 countries around the world. Previously they operated Visitnorway.com which won three Webby Awards in 2009.
Innovation Norway was formed in 2004 through the merger of four governmental organizations. These organizations were:
- The Norwegian Tourist Board
- The Norwegian Trade Council
- The Norwegian Industrial and Regional Development Fund (SND)
- The Government Consultative Office for Inventors (SVO)
The “Sommarøy” news storyEdit
In the summer of 2019 Innovation Norway were involved in the production of a news story about Sommarøy where they claimed the island should be without an official time-zone. The aim of the story was to draw tourists to Norway. The news story propagated world wide.
- "Press release Webby Awards". Archived from the original on 2012-07-22. Retrieved 2009-07-09.
- "Innovation Norway employees". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- Tudem, Ulf (2012-02-13). "Marine Design: Air Supported Vessels Impress". MarineLink. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Targovax Secures NOK 13 Million Series A Funding for TGO1 Pancreatic Cancer Vaccine Development". Targovax. 2012-02-01. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- Chai, Cameron (2012-02-13). "Thin Film, PARC Receive FlexTech Alliance Award for Printed Non-Volatile Memory Device". AZoNetwork. Retrieved 2012-01-18.
- "UK teams up with Norway for £2m biofuels projects". BusinessGreen. 2012-01-10. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- Larsen, Martin Hall (2019-06-06). "Øysamfunn vil kvitte seg med tiden: – Klokken skaper bare stress". NRK (in Norwegian Bokmål). Retrieved 2019-06-26.
- Larsen, Martin Hall (2019-06-25). "Klokkeløse Sommarøy lurte "hele" verden". NRK (in Norwegian Bokmål). Retrieved 2019-06-26.
- Nikel, David. "Norway's 'Time-Free' Island Was Just An Elaborate PR Stunt". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- "Norwegische Staatsbehörde verbreitet Fake-News, um Tourismus anzukurbeln". stern.de (in German). 2019-06-26. Retrieved 2019-06-28.