Indonesian Bureau of Logistics
|Founded||10 May 1967|
|Headquarters||Jln. Jend. Gatot Subroto Kav. 49 South Jakarta 12950, Indonesia|
|Revenue||Rp 46.6 trillion (2016)|
|Rp 800 billion (2016)|
|Total assets||Rp 34.883 trillion (2016)|
|Total equity||Rp 11.318 trillion (2016)|
Number of employees
Bulog was formed on 10 May 1967 following Suharto's rise to power. Its initial purpose was to secure food supply following the chaos that followed Sukarno's fall, when inflation reached 650 percent in 1966. In 1969, its authorities expanded to price stabilization with the company's rice stocks acting as a buffer stock and it controlled rice imports and exports to stabilize market prices. In 1987, it was assigned to control multiple food commodities. Initially, the distribution of rice covered mainly civil servants (including military personnel), who received a 63% share of the 1.13 million tons of rice distributed by Bulog in 1970. However, market distribution grew, with 1.86 million of 2.66 million tons of rice distributed in 1980 going to open market operations.
This is the list of chairmen of BULOG:
- Lt.Gen.(Ret.) Bustanil Arifin (1973–1993)
- Prof. Dr. Ibrahim Hassan, MBA. (1993–1995)
- Prof. Dr. Beddu Amang, M.Sc. (1995–1998)
- Prof. Ir. Rahardi Ramelan (1998–1999)
- Drs. Jusuf Kalla (1999–2000)
- Dr. Rizal Ramli, S.T. (2000–2001)
- Widjanarko Puspoyo, M.A. (2001–2007)
- Mustafa Abubakar (2007–2009)
- Ir. Sutarto Alimoeso, MM. (2009–2014)
- Lenny Sugihat (2014–2015)
- Djarot Kusumayakti (2015–2018)
- Budi Waseso (2018-present)
- "Sejarah Perum BULOG" (in Indonesian). Bulog. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- Sari, Elisa Valenta (14 September 2015). "Kisah Inflasi 650 Persen dan Cerutu Ali Wardhana". CNN Indonesia. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- Abdulgani-Knapp, Retnowati (2007). Soeharto : the life and legacy of Indonesia's second president : an authorised biography (Repr. ed.). Singapore: Marshall Cavendish Editions. p. 103. ISBN 9789812613400. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- Abbot, John C. (1987). Agricultural marketing enterprises for the developing world. New York: Cambridge University Press. p. 141. ISBN 9780521339087. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- Wardhani, Meidita Kusuma. "Profil: Widjanarko Puspoyo". Merdeka.com. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- ICH (21 March 2007). "Mustafa Abu Bakar, Dirut Bulog Baru". liputan6.com. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- Suryanto, ed. (31 December 2014). "Menteri BUMN tunjuk Lenny Sugihat pimpin Bulog". AntaraNews.com. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- Rizki, Januar (31 December 2014). Hidayat, Nur (ed.). "Pemerintah Tunjuk Lenny Sugihat Jadi Dirut ulog". GatraNews. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- Kusuma, Hendra, ed. (27 April 2018). "Buwas jadi dirut Bulog". detik.com. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Indonesian Bureau of Logistics.|
|This Asian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Indonesia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This food and/or confectionery corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|