Imran N. Hosein
Imran Nazar Hosein (born 1942) is an Islamic scholar, author and philosopher, who specializes in Islamic eschatology, world politics, economics, and modern socio-economic/political issues. He is the author of Jerusalem in the Qur'an and other books.
Imran Nazar Hosein
Imran Nazar Hosein
|Born||1942 (age 76–77)|
|Occupation||Islamic scholar, author, philosopher|
Background and educationEdit
Hosein was born into an Indo-Trinidadian family Trinidad and Tobago. He studied Islam under the guidance of the Islamic scholar, Muhammad Fazlur Rahman Ansari at the Aleemiyah Institute of Islamic Studies, Karachi, Pakistan. He also did post-graduate studies in Philosophy at Karachi University, and International Relations at the University of West Indies, Trinidad, and the Graduate Institute of International Studies, Geneva, Switzerland. He led the weekly Jumu'ah prayers and delivered the sermon at the United Nations headquarters in Manhattan once a month for ten years.
Various Sunni scholars have claimed Hosein has deviant positions, such as rejecting certain authentic Hadith and diverting from the consensus opinion. For example, the popular Islamic Q&A site Ask Imam issued a fatwa, an Islamic legal opinion, discouraging Muslims from listening to his talks. A further fatwa clarified that this is due to Hosein's views that some Hadith of Sahih al-Bukhari are fabricated, his view that all Shias are Muslim and that Gog and Magog have already been released. Other Islamic websites have published articles espousing similar views.
Hosein has been banned from speaking by Muslim groups after giving a speech at Mucurapo Mosque. Women accused of supporting Al-Qaeda also received a package from him, according to court papers.
- "Islamic centre the voice for poor Muslims in the world, says scholar | The Brunei Times". bt.com.bn. Archived from the original on 2014-05-12. Retrieved 2014-05-11.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- ".:Plata:". plata.com.mx. Retrieved 2014-05-11.
- "EGYPT – MALAYSIA Sheikh Imran Nazar Hosein: The referendum and the Constitution in Egypt are an insult to Islam – Asia News". asianews.it. Retrieved 2014-05-11.
- http://imranhosein.org/n/. Missing or empty
- "Online edition of Sunday Observer – Business". sundayobserver.lk. Archived from the original on 2003-08-17. Retrieved 2014-05-11.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Muslim Alliance With Rum & The Role Of Russia & China In WW3". Eventbrite. Retrieved 2019-06-06.
- "When would the Muslims make and alliance with Rum, Is Rum the Rome in Italy?". Retrieved 2019-06-06.
- Muhammad Haris Siddiqui; Mufti Ebrahim Desai. "Fatwa 28482: Should we listen to Imran Houssien?". Ask Imam. Retrieved 2019-06-06.
- Muhammad Haris Siddiqui; Mufti Ebrahim Desai. "Fatwa 28659: Why shouldn't we listen to Imran Hossien??". Ask Imam. Retrieved 2019-06-06.
- "Why shouldn't I listen to Imran Hosein?". Jamiat.org. Retrieved 2019-06-06.
- Arshad Ali. "Should I listen to Sheikh Imran Hosein?". Retrieved 2019-06-06.
- Prange, Astrid (25 March 2017). "'Islamic State' and the mosques of Trinidad". DW.
- Montemayor, Stephen (8 May 2017). "Evidence in FBI probe of former St. Kate's student includes package allegedly sent from Islamic scholar in Malaysia". Star Tribune.