Illinois's 7th congressional district
The 7th congressional district of Illinois covers parts of Cook County, as of the 2011 redistricting that followed the 2010 census. All or parts of Bellwood, Chicago, Forest Park, Oak Park, Maywood, and Westchester are included. Democrat Danny K. Davis has represented the district since January 1997. By Cook PVI, it is the most Democratic district in the Midwest and the fifth-most Democratic nationwide. Abraham Lincoln represented the 7th district before being elected president, although the area he represented now lies within Illinois's 18th congressional district[dubious ].
|Illinois's 7th congressional district|
Illinois's 7th congressional district - since January 3, 2013.
|Area||63 sq mi (160 km2)|
|Population (2018 est.)||707,513|
Recent results in statewide electionsEdit
|2000||President||Gore 81 - 16%|
|2004||President||Kerry 83 - 17%|
|2008||President||Obama 89.4 - 9.9%|
|2012||President||Obama 87.2 - 11.8%|
|2016||President||Clinton 87.4 - 9.2%|
List of members representing the districtEdit
- Center for New Media & Promotion (CNMP), US Census Bureau. "My Congressional District". www.census.gov.
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- Barone, Michael; McCutcheon, Chuck (2013). The Almanac of American Politics 2014. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. pp. 569–570. ISBN 978-0-226-10544-4. Copyright National Journal.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1989). The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1982). The Historical Atlas of United States Congressional Districts. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Congressional Biographical Directory of the United States 1774–present