IEEE Transactions on Communications
IEEE Transactions on Communications is a monthly peer-reviewed scientific journal published by the IEEE Communications Society that focuses on all aspects of telecommunication technology, including telephone, telegraphy, facsimile, and point-to-point television by electromagnetic propagation. The editor-in-chief is Tolga M. Duman (Bilkent University). According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2018 impact factor of 5.69.
|Edited by||Tolga M. Duman|
|ISO 4||IEEE Trans. Commun.|
The journal traces back to the establishment of the Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers in 1884. The journal has gone through several name changes and splits over the years.
- 1884–1951: Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers
- 1952–1963: Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers, Part I: Communication and Electronics
- 1953–1955: Transactions of the IRE Professional Group on Communications Systems
- 1956–1962: IRE Transactions on Communications Systems
- 1963–1964: IEEE Transactions on Communications Systems
- 1964: IEEE Transactions on Communication and Electronics
- 1964–1971: IEEE Transactions on Communication Technology
- 1972–present: IEEE Transactions on Communications
- "IEEE Xplore: IEEE Transactions on Communications". ieeexplore.ieee.org. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
|This article about an engineering journal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.