|Municipal assoc.||Thalfang am Erbeskopf|
|• Mayor||Egon Adams|
|• Total||11.89 km2 (4.59 sq mi)|
|Elevation||440 m (1,440 ft)|
|• Density||36/km2 (92/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Horath borders in the east on the municipality of Morbach (outlying centre of Haag), in the south on the municipalities of Merschbach and Gräfendhron, in the west on the municipalities of Berglicht and Neumagen-Dhron (outlying centre of Papiermühle) and in the north on the municipality of Piesport (outlying centre of Niederemmel).
Local finds from Hallstatt and La Tène times are displayed at the Trier Rhenish State Museum. The village had its first documentary mention in a pledge document from Count Heinrich at Salm issued on 1 December 1281. As a result of the turmoil of the French Revolution, Horath lay under French rule beginning about 1800. In 1814 it was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna. Since 1947, it has been part of the then newly founded state of Rhineland-Palatinate.
Coat of armsEdit
The municipality’s arms might be described thus: Argent a cross gules surmounted by a two-handled jug Or.
Economy and infrastructureEdit
Horath is a rural residential community. There are small businesses serving local demands.
In the Drahtwerk Horath (wireworks), however, Horath has an important industrial business as well.