|• Mayor||Karsten Eule-Prütz (Ind.)|
|• Total||148.48 km2 (57.33 sq mi)|
|Elevation||81 m (266 ft)|
|• Density||61/km2 (160/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Vehicle registration||EE, FI, LIB|
As of 2004, its population is 10,968 and the mayor is Michael Oecknigk of the Christian Democratic Union.
Herzberg (Elster) is twinned with the following cities:
- Büdingen, Hesse
- Świebodzin, Poland
- Dixon, Illinois, United States of America
- Soest, North Rhine-Westphalia
From 1939 to 1945 there was the Deutschlandsender Herzberg/Elster, a huge longwave transmitter, whose mast was the second tallest construction in the world, at Herzberg/Elster. The basement of the mast is still there.
Recent Population Development and Projections (Population Development before Census 2011 (blue line); Recent Population Development according to the Census in Germany in 2011 (blue bordered line); Official projections for 2005-2030 (yellow line); for 2014-2030 (red line); for 2017-2030 (scarlet line)
Sons and daughters of the cityEdit
- "Bevölkerung im Land Brandenburg nach amtsfreien Gemeinden, Ämtern und Gemeinden 31. Dezember 2018". Amt für Statistik Berlin-Brandenburg (in German). July 2019.
- Detailed data sources are to be found in the Wikimedia Commons.Population Projection Brandenburg at Wikimedia Commons
Media related to Herzberg (Elster) at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in German)
|This Brandenburg location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|