Henry F. Hall Building
The Henry F. Hall Building (French: Édifice Henry F. Hall) is a building on the Sir George Williams Campus of Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is located at 1455 de Maisonneuve Boulevard West, in between Mackay Street and Bishop Street in the Quartier Concordia neighbourhood.
|Henry F. Hall Building|
French: Édifice Henry F. Hall
|Address||1455 de Maisonneuve Boulevard West|
|Town or city||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Named for||Henry Foss Hall|
|Inaugurated||14 October 1966|
|Material||Modular pre-stressed concrete|
|Floor area||782,000 square feet (72,700 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architecture firm||Ross, Fish, Duschene and Barrett|
It was designed by architecture firm Ross, Fish, Duschenes and Barrett, which hired James A. M. K. O'Beirne, to draw up the plans. It was inaugurated on 14 October 1966, the very same day as the Montreal Metro.
In 1994-95, the building's exterior, having been damaged by pollution and the elements over the decades, was cleaned and re-painted.
- Colclough, Wes. "The Henry Foss Hall Building, Montreal: From Riots to Gardens in Forty Years" (PDF). Palimpsest III: The Dialectics of Montreal’s Public Spaces. Department of Art History, Concordia University. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- "Hall Building". Records Management and Archives. Concordia University. Archived from the original on 18 May 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- Henry F. Hall Building at IMTL.org
- "Henry F. Hall Building". Campus Maps > Buildings. Concordia University. Retrieved 12 May 2015.