Ruins of the Hazlov Castle
|• Mayor||Lenka Dvořáková|
|• Total||27.88 km2 (10.76 sq mi)|
|Elevation||550 m (1,800 ft)|
|• Density||56/km2 (150/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Hazlov lies 12 km northwest of Cheb and 10 km southeast of Aš. The Czech-German border is on the northeast and on the west. It lies about 550 meters above sea level, the highest point is 742 m above sea level. The Hazlovský Stream flows through the municipality.
Hazlov was first mentioned in 1224 as a property of the noble house of Hazlov (Haslau). Bedřich of Hazlov probably built the castle in the village. Nicholas Jur of Cheb bought Hazlov in 1401. Other owners of the village were: the Landwüst family from 1450, the Kocov family from 1579, the Dětřichov family, the Nostitz family and the Moser family. The last owners from the nobility were the Hemfeld family (until 1945).
Until the end of the 18th century, Hazlov was mostly an agricultural village. From the 19th century, the textile industry developed in the whole Aš region, including Hazlov. The first textile factory was opened in 1822.
- Hazlov Castle ruins
- Church of the Feast of the Cross (catholic)
- Church of Saint George (from 1686)
- Evangelical church (from 1907)
- "Population of Municipalities – 1 January 2020". Czech Statistical Office. 30 April 2020.
- "Historie obce" (in Czech). Obec Hazlov. Retrieved 23 July 2020.
- "Historický lexikon obcí České republiky – 1869–2011: Okres Cheb" (in Czech). Czech Statistical Office. 21 December 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hazlov.|