Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone
This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone observes Hawaii–Aleutian Standard Time (HST), by subtracting ten hours from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC−10:00). The clock time in this zone is based on the mean solar time of the 150th meridian west of the Greenwich Observatory.
|Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone|
|12:25, 29 October 2020 HAST |
13:25, 29 October 2020 HADT
|Observance of DST|
|DST is observed in some of this time zone.|
French Polynesia uses UTC−10:00 for its major cities. The Cook Islands also use the same time. These areas do not use DST. "Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone" is a U.S. term and for that reason the Polynesian areas are not considered to be a part of the Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone.
The largest city in the Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone is Honolulu; the Honolulu Metropolitan Area is the largest metropolitan area in the zone.
Major metropolitan areasEdit
Other significant placesEdit
- "U.S. Government Printing Office Style Manual: An official guide to the form and style of Federal Government printing" (PDF). U.S. Government Printing Office. 2008. p. 234. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
Time zones §9.47. The following forms are to be used when abbreviating names of time zones: ... HDT—Hawaii-Aleutian daylight time (not observed in HI) ... HST—Hawaii-Aleutian standard time
- "What are the time zones in the United States?". National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S. Department of Commerce. 2016. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
Hawaii-Aleutian (HT); HST -10; HDT -9; DST observed in Aleutian Islands, but not Hawaii
- "Sources for Time Zone and Daylight Saving Time Data". Archived from the original on 2012-06-23. Retrieved 2012-06-18.[failed verification]
- HST – Hawaii–Aleutian Standard Time
- HDT – Hawaii–Aleutian Daylight Time
- The official U.S. time for the Hawaii–Aleutian time zone (Hawaii) dead link
- The official U.S. time for the Hawaii–Aleutian time zone (Aleutian Islands) dead link
- What are the time zones in the United States? (NIST)
- Hawaiian-Aleutian zone at Cornell
|This Hawaiʻi-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|