Hatje Cantz Verlag
Hatje Cantz Verlag (English: Hatje Cantz Publishing) is a German book publisher specialising in photography, art, architecture and design. It was established in 1945 by Gerd Hatje and has offices in Stuttgart and Berlin.
|Parent company||Ganske Publishing Group|
|Country of origin||Germany|
|Headquarters location||Berlin and Stuttgart|
|Key people||Holger Liebs (manager) Thomas PJ Feinen (managing director)|
|Nonfiction topics||Photography, art, architecture, design|
Hatje Cantz Verlag has a backlist of nearly 800 titles. Its photography books cover documentary and editorial photography, political and social issues, and landscape; its art books cover fine art and conceptual art.
The publisher was established in 1945 by Gerd Hatje. In 1990 it was sold to J. Fink Holding. After the bankruptcy of J. Fink Holding in 2011, Hatje Cantz Verlag became part of the Ganske Publishing Group.
- Peter Bialobrzeski's Heimet (2005)
- Felice Beato's Japanese Dream (2012)
- Christo's Valley Curtain (1973)
- Nadav Kander's Yangtze – The Long River (2010) and Bodies: 6 Women, 1 Man (2012)
- Pablo Picasso's Suite Vollard (1956)
- Taryn Simon's Birds of the West Indies (2013)
- Andy Warhol – the first monograph on him (1970)
- "History". Hatje Cantz Verlag. Accessed 3 April 2018.
- "Annette Kulenkampff: "Unsere Unternehmenskulturen passen gut zusammen"". Börsenblatt, 4 May 2011. Accessed 3 April 2018.
- Hone, Prudence (26 November 2005). "The world in a lens: Prudence Hone looks through the viewfinder". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- Davies, Lucy (30 July 2012). "The best recent art & photography books: July 29". The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- O'Hagan, Sean (20 October 2010). "Nadav Kander's Yangtze photographs show a people sold down the river". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- Chisholm, Kate (22 January 2015). "Curvology: the Origins and Power of Female Body Shape by David Bainbridge, review: 'strange and sometimes worrying'". The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "The world of 007 - as you've never seen it before". The Daily Telegraph. London. 21 October 2013. Retrieved 3 April 2018.