This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Harrison's Flowers is a 2000 French film by Elie Chouraqui. It stars, among others, Andie MacDowell, Elias Koteas, Brendan Gleeson, Adrien Brody, Marie Trintignant, Gerard Butler, and David Strathairn. The film is also Quinn Shephard's big screen debut. The film premiered at the 2000 San Sebastián International Film Festival, and released in theatres on 24 January 2001 in France. Universal Pictures released this film in the United States theatrically, then Lionsgate released this film in the United States on DVD. For this film's United States version, the film's length was reduced by about 5 minutes; it also features a new score by Cliff Eidelman.
United States theatrical poster
|Directed by||Elie Chouraqui|
|Produced by||Elie Chouraqui|
|Written by||Elie Chouraqui|
Didier Le Pêcheur
|Based on||Le diable a l'avantage|
by Isabel Ellsen
|Music by||Bruno Coulais (international version) |
Cliff Eidelman (USA version)
|Edited by||Jacques Witta|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures (USA theatrical)|
Lionsgate (USA DVD)
StudioCanal (international sales)
Harrison Lloyd, a Pulitzer Prize-winning Newsweek photojournalist, travels on his last assignment to the dissolving Yugoslavia in 1991, during the Croatian War of Independence. While there, he is presumed to have been killed in a building collapse. His wife travels to the region to find him, believing him to be in the city of Vukovar. Travelling through the war-torn landscape, she arrives in the city, and bears witness to the massacre which took place there. Back home, Harrison's son Cesar cares for his father's flowers in their greenhouse.
- Andie MacDowell as Sarah Lloyd
- Elias Koteas as Yeager Pollack
- Brendan Gleeson as Marc Stevenson
- Adrien Brody as Kyle Morris
- David Strathairn as Harrison Lloyd
- Alun Armstrong as Samuel Brubeck
- Caroline Goodall as Johanna Pollack
- Diane Baker as Mary Francis
- Quinn Shephard as Margaux Lloyd
- Marie Trintignant as Cathy
- Christian Charmetant as Jeff
- Gerard Butler as Chris Kumac
- Scott Michael Anton as Cesar Lloyd
- Christopher Clarke as David
Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a critic score of 49% based on reviews from 86 critics.
- Rooney, David (2 October 2000). "Harrison's Flowers". Variety. Retrieved 9 July 2020.
- Dunkley, Cathy; Harris, Dana (22 May 2001). "Focus plants 'Flowers'". Variety. Retrieved 9 July 2020.
- "Universal Pictures Entertainment Portal". www.harrisons-flowers.com.
- "Buy HARRISON'S FLOWERS DVD from Lionsgate Shop". www.lionsgateshop.com.
- Harrison's Flowers, Rotten Tomatoes, retrieved 2016-10-28