Hans-Joachim Koellreutter (2 September 1915 – 13 September 2005) was a Brazilian composer, teacher and musicologist.
He brought the theory of atonal music to Brazil, creating the group "Musica Viva" and inflating the debate between the "Nationalists" and "Serialists".
While the former group believed in the use of folklore material for the development of their compositions, the latter believed that the more rational approach of the European school was the path to truly contemporary works. This debate played a central role in the esthetic developments of Brazilian classical music throughout the 20th Century.
- "Advanced Studies (Scielo)". Irene Tourinho (in Portuguese). Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "Academia Brasileira de Letras" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "Encyclopedia Músicos do Brasil" (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 4 February 2012. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- A Musica Classica Brasileira Hoje, Editora Folha de Sao Paulo, 2007.
- "Koellreutter ressuscita, um dias após a morte, no Festival Cultura". Folha Online (in Portuguese). Retrieved 5 June 2012.
|This article on a Brazilian composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a German composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|