Haikou Meilan International Airport
Haikou Meilan International Airport (IATA: HAK, ICAO: ZJHK) is the airport serving Haikou, the capital of Hainan Province, China. It is located 25 kilometres (16 mi) southeast of the city center and was opened in 1999, replacing the old Dayingshan Airport located along what is now the city's Guoxing Avenue. The airport is operated by Regal International Airport Group.
Haikou Meilan International Airport
|Owner||Haikou Meilan International Airport|
|Location||Lingshan, Meilan District, Haikou|
|Hub for||Hainan Airlines|
|Elevation AMSL||23 m / 75 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Haikou Meilan International Airport|
Haikou Meilan International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Hainan, the second busiest being Sanya Phoenix International Airport. In 2017, it was the 17th busiest airport in China (see List of the busiest airports in China).
The airport terminal has 60,200 square metres of space, with 45 check-in counters and 11 security checkpoints. The airport is staffed by 565 employees.
A new, international terminal opened on August 14, 2013. Situated at the east side of the existing terminal, this new apron increases international capacity to ten flights, from the previous capacity of three. Construction of this new terminal began on April 18, 2011.
In order to meet the increasing passenger flow demand, the second phase of the project was launched in 2016.
The newly built flight area of this project is located directly to the north, and parallel to the main part. It has a rating of 4F, and a new 3,600 (1,1811 feet) long runway, two parallel taxiways and contact road system are built. A total investment of 14.468 billion yuan will be made in the construction of a new T2 terminal covering 296,000 square meters and various types of platforms with 59 seats. The construction target of the project is to meet the annual passenger throughput of 35 million person-times and annual freight and postal throughput of 400,000 tons by 2025.
The project is scheduled to be basically completed in December 2018. The installation and commissioning of electro-mechanical equipment will begin in 2019 and will be put into use at the end of the same year.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
Getting to the airport from Haikou city by taxi usually costs about RMB 60 and takes about 30 minutes.
- "Civil Aviation Organization Asia And Pacific Office - Report Of The Fourth Meeting Of The Asia/Pac Opmet Management Task Force (Opmet /M TF/4) (PDF)".
- "Haikou Meilan International Airport opens international terminal | CAPA". Centre for Aviation. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "New terminal at Haikou airport opens - TTG Asia - Leader in Hotel, Airlines, Tourism and Travel Trade News". TTG Asia. 2013-08-15. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "探访海口美兰国际机场二期工程 预计2019年10月投入使用". baijiahao.baidu.com. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Air Busan W19 International network additions". Routesonline. Retrieved 1 October 2019.
- "Indonesian airlines opens flight service to China's Sanya city - Xinhua - English.news.cn". www.xinhuanet.com. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- "【JD5121】航班查询_首都航空JD5121_海口到哈尔滨飞机JD5121_途牛机票". flight.tuniu.com. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- "华夏航空新增往返毕节四条航线，票价150元起！_民航新闻_民航资源网". news.carnoc.com. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- "兴义将新增两条航线-黔西南日报·". www.qxnrb.com. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- "南航推出特价机票 海口启程最低2.4折起_资讯_海口旅游网". www.mcyiran.com. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- "5月起，东海航空新增DZ6311/2 珠海=海口航班 每天一班_新航班信息_航班信息_珠海机场". www.zhairport.com. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- "广西北部湾航空今日开航 首飞南宁海口航线_民航新闻_民航资源网". news.carnoc.com. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- "Hainan Airlines adds Haikou – Melbourne service from Dec 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- "Hainan Airlines launches Haikou-Osaka flights". Japan Today. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- "Hainan Airlines plans to resume Haikou – Singapore from late-Nov 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Jeju Air aggressive in adding new routes to China - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea". pulsenews.co.kr. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- "去五台山有捷径了 哈市月底新开航线 3小时直飞忻州_即时消息_哈尔滨网络广播电视". Hrbtv.net. 2019-03-17. Retrieved 2019-06-21.
- 马印航空每周两趟•古晋海口包机16日飞 Sinchew.com.my, 19 Dec 2018
- "图片 青岛航空夏秋航季航线发布 新增20余条航线_民航新闻_民航资源网". news.carnoc.com. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- Linda Blachly, Linda Blachly (24 September 2018). "Airline Routes-Sept. 24, 2018". Air Transport World. Archived from the original on 18 October 2018.
Royal Brunei Airlines will launch 2X weekly services from Bandar Seri Begawan to Haikou and Changsha from Oct. 30 and Dec. 18, respectively.
- "航班信息". www.xiamenairport.com.cn. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- "天航将开通"海口-湛江-柳州"航线-中国民航网". Caacnews.com.cn. 2019-03-20. Retrieved 2019-06-21.
- "Real Time Flight Tracker & Airport Delays from flightview". www.flightview.com. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- Airport information for ZJHK at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.