Hagrama Mohilary (born 1 March 1969) is an Indian politician who has served as the Chief Executive Member of the Bodoland Territorial Council. Mohilary was elected as the Chief of Executive Committee of the Bodoland Territorial Council which comprises thirteen other executive members. At present he is the chairperson of the Bodoland People's Front, which is one of the major political party ruling Assam in coalition with the BJP.  Mohilary had been the head of Bodoland Territorial Council since its inception in 2003. He won the third General Assembly Elections 2015 and formed his Government for the third time. Mohilary's third term expired on 27 April 2020 and following the postponement of elections scheduled for 4 April 2020 a result of the global coronavirus pandemic, Bodoland is currently under Governor's rule.  
|Chief Executive Member of the Bodoland Territorial Council|
8 April 2003 – 27 April 2020
|Preceded by||Office established|
|Succeeded by||Governor's rule|
|Born||1 March 1969|
|Political party||Bodoland People's Front|
Mohilary formed Bodoland People's Front in year 2005 and elected as its first president. He formed an alliance with NDA, Atal Bihari Vajpayee become instrumental in onboarding Bodoland People's Front in 2003.
Bodoland Territorial CouncilEdit
He played key role in establishment of Bodoland Territorial Council on 10 February 2003 thus fulfilling the Bodo aspirations. The Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC), self-governing body is a new name added to the provision of Sixth Schedule to the Constitution of India, in BTAD, Assam. Soon after taking over BTC as first Chief Executive Member, Mohilary advocated for quality education in BTC area.In 2010,the Bodoland People's Front (BPF) led by Mohilary swept the Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) polls winning 31 of the 40 seats. He said that "I congratulate the people for the victory. Our victory has proved people's support to us. We will carry on the good work for the development of the region".
Assam Assembly electionEdit
As the Chief Executive Member of Bodoland Territorial Council, Mohilary planned various program for growth of agriculture sector, on January 2006 10 officers from four Districts of the BTC had been sent to Indian Institute of Horticulture Research (IIHR),Bangalore for the modern technologies.
BTC, setup 12 Handloom training Center and 6 handloom production centre. In the year 2008, the Bodoland Regional Apex Weavers ann Artisans Cooperative Federation Ltd. (BRAWFED) was formed by reorganising the BAHU (Bodoland Association of Handloom Unit)on Cooperative basis with registered Head Office at Kokrajhar in BTC, Assam.
Bodoland University designated as 12B status university in 2019.BTC chief Hagrama Mohilary said the granting of 12B status to Bodoland University is a long-cherished dream of the people of the BTAD and the entire lower Assam coming true. Stating that Bodoland University is the only university in the BTC and the entire Lower Assam districts, Mohilary expressed his confidence that the University will pave the way for development of human resources, apart from other development and intellectual activities.
Development of Bodo LanguageEdit
- Singh, Bikash (11 February 2020). "BJP, AGP and BPF coalition to continue in the days to come: Assam CM Sonowal". The Economic Times. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "NDFB leaders gear up for BTC polls". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- GuwahatiApril 27, Hemanta Kumar Nath; April 27, 2020UPDATED; Ist, 2020 22:43. "Assam: Governor takes over Bodoland Territorial Council in absence of term end polls". India Today.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "TIME8 | Governor's Rule Imposed In Assam's BTC". 27 April 2020.
- "BTC Chief Hagrama Mohilary celebrates 50th Birth Anniversary in Udalguri - Sentinelassam". The Sentinel. 1 March 2019. Retrieved 2 September 2020.
- Lansford, Tom (2012). Political Handbook of the World 2012. Allen Lane: 2012. ISBN 978-1-60871-995-2.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Approved), Journal ijmr net in(UGC. "BODOLAND PEOPLES FRONT- ITS NATURE AND ROLE - AN ANALYTICAL STUDY". Retrieved 13 March 2020. Cite journal requires
- "BJP relives Vajpayee days in domain of tribal ally". Hindustan Times. 19 January 2016. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Nation". Tribune. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "Memorandum of Settlement on Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC)". www.satp.org. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "Mohilary bats for quality education in BTC region". The Times of India. 5 September 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "'BPF committed to ushering in development in BTC region' Says Bonjar Daimari". The Sentinel. 10 February 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "BPF sweeps BTC polls". Hindustan Times. 23 April 2010. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "BPF sweeps BTC polls". Hindustan Times. 14 April 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "Assam Assembly (Vidhan Sabha) Election Results 2016, MLAs List". www.elections.in. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- Sethi, Rajat; Shubhrastha (23 November 2017). The Last Battle of Saraighat: The Story of the BJP's Rise in the North-east. Penguin Random House India Private Limited. ISBN 978-93-87326-32-3.
- Basumatary, Japungsar. "BTC and its Role in the Economic Development of the BTAD". Retrieved 14 March 2020. Cite journal requires
- "Welcome to BRAWFED Official Website - Bodoland Regional Apex Weavers & Artisans Cooperative Federation Ltd. - BRAWFED". www.brawfed.in. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "BSS and UBPO hail granting 12B status to Bodoland University (BU)". The Sentinel. 4 November 2019. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "Bodoland University (BU) celebrates 12B status at Kokrajhar". Sentinel Assam. 14 April 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "Memorandum of Settlement on Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC)". www.satp.org. Retrieved 16 March 2020.