Guna (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
Guna Vidhan Sabha constituency is one of the 230 Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly) constituencies of Madhya Pradesh state in central India. This constituency is reserved for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled castes since 2008, following the delimitation of the Legislative Assembly constituencies. It came into existence in 1951, as one of the 79 Vidhan Sabha constituencies of the erstwhile Madhya Bharat state.
Guna is part of Guna Lok Sabha constituency along with seven other Vidhan Sabha segments, namely, Bamori in this district, Shivpuri, Pichhore and Kolaras in Shivpuri district and Ashok Nagar, Chanderi and Mungaoli in Ashoknagar district.
Members of Legislative AssemblyEdit
As a constituency of Madhya Bharat:
As a constituency of Madhya Pradesh:
- 1957: Daulat Ram, Indian National Congress
- 1962: Brindawan Prasad, Hindu Mahasabha
- 1967: R. L. Premi, Swatantra Party
- 1972: Shiv Pratap Singh, Bharatiya Jana Sangh
- 1977: Dharamswarup Saxena, Janata Party
- 1980: Shiv Pratap Singh, Indian National Congress (I)
- 1985: Shiv Pratap Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1990: Bhag Chandra Sogani, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 1993: Shiv Pratap Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1998: Shiv Pratap Singh, Indian National Congress
- 2003: Kanhaiyalal Rameshwar Agarwal, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2008: Rajendra Singh Saluja, Bharatiya Janshakti Party
- 2013: Panna Lal Shakya, Bharatiya Janata Party
- "District/Assembly List". Chief Electoral Officer, Madhya Pradesh website. Archived from the original on 1 December 2015. Retrieved 13 February 2011.
- "Statistical Report on General Election, 1951 to the Legislative Assembly of Madhya Bharat" (PDF). Election Commission of India website. p. 5. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2011-02-13.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. pp. 228, 250.