Guilin Liangjiang International Airport
Guilin Liangjiang International Airport (IATA: KWL, ICAO: ZGKL) is the airport serving the city of Guilin in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China. It is located in Liangjiang, about 28 km (17 mi) southwest of the city center.
|Location||Liangjiang, Lingui District, Guilin|
|Hub for||Air Guilin|
|Elevation AMSL||174 m / 571 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Guilin Liangjiang International Airport|
In 2014, Guilin Liangjiang International Airport was the 33rd busiest airport in China with 5,875,327 passengers. Around 4 million passengers transit through Liangjiang Airport annually, traveling to one of the 48 domestic and international destinations served nonstop from Guilin.
In September 1991, the State Council of China and the Central Military Commission approved a 1.85 billion yuan project to build a new airport to replace Guilin Qifengling Airport as Guilin's civil airport. Construction began in July 1993, and Liangjiang Airport was opened on 1 October 1996.
Liangjiang Airport now features a 3,200 meter-long runway, a 150,000 square meter large parking apron, 20 gate positions, and a 50,000 square meter large terminal building. The airport has also invested 20 million yuan into improving Liangjiang International's aesthetics and making the airport more environmentally-friendly. The airport has received several awards for their efforts.
Starting from 30 September 2018, all flights from Terminal 1 have been moved to Terminal 2. Terminal 2 has a floor area of 100,000 square meters, 22 security lanes which 17 for domestic and 5 for International and 25 boarding gate, the designed capacity to handle 12 million passengers and 95,000 tons of cargo a year. The construction of Terminal 2 started in December 2015 and it was opened on September 30, 2018, at a total cost of 3.258 billion yuan. Following the opening of the new Terminal 2, Terminal 1 was closed temporarily for renovation. A new apron and taxi lanes have been built and opened along with the new terminal.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
- "Guilin Liangjiang Airport: Shuttle Bus to Yangshuo, Taxi Fare".
- 2013年民航机场吞吐量排名 (in Chinese). Civil Aviation Administration of China. 24 March 2013. Archived from the original on 25 March 2014. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- 桂林两江国际机场 (in Chinese). Guilin Liangjiang Airport.
- 桂林机场T2启用 满足年1200万旅客吞吐量需求. Carnoc (in Chinese).
- "Air China (CA) #1798 ✈ FlightAware".
- "Batik Air opens new charter flight from Jakarta to Guilin". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- 又到一年春夏时 | 你一定不能错过的航班信息. WeChat (in Chinese). China Eastern Airlines Anhui.
- 东航新开合肥长春桂林汕头航线 合肥至大连机票_毛里求斯旅游攻略_长兴旅游网 (in Chinese).
- 新航线 • 漓江山水美如画 | 7月1日起，东航新开【昆明-桂林】往返航线！. WeChat (in Chinese).[dead link]
- 东航桂柳地区夏秋换季航线指南~出行将更加便捷！. WeChat (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 22 March 2019.
- "China Express Airways (G5) #2624 ✈ FlightAware".
- 海南航空夏秋航季将新增3条桂林航线 (in Chinese). Ifeng Finance. 19 March 2015.
- 长龙航空将在温州新开11条航线 (in Chinese).
- 【新航线】桂林-绵阳特价机票迎首航 (in Chinese). Sohu.
- 铜仁凤凰机场济南-铜仁-桂林航线开通_市州新闻_贵阳网 (in Chinese).
- 山东航空将开通"桂林-万州"航线-中国民航网 (in Chinese). CAAC News. 26 March 2019.
- 川航开通哈尔滨至桂林航线. Ifeng (in Chinese). 11 June 2014.
- 金鹏航空：新开通济南至哈尔滨、桂林、南昌、温州航线_旅客 (in Chinese). Sohu.
- 夏秋航季即将开启 天航计划执飞航线211条（图）-中国民航网 (in Chinese). CAAC News.
- 合肥机场2019夏航季航班换季亮点多-新华网安徽频道. Xinhua Anhui (in Chinese). 28 March 2019.
- "Seasonal new flights bring you to more wonderful destinations". westair.cn.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Guilin Liangjiang International Airport.|