This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Current head office
|Founder||José Manuel Lara Hernández|
|Successor||José Manuel Lara García|
|Country of origin||Spain|
|Key people||José Creuheras (president)|
|Publication types||Books, Comics, Newspapers, Magazines|
Editorial planeta, founded in 1949 was the seed of Grupo planeta, which includes many more publishing imprints as well as other cultural, audiovisual and communication companies. Editorial planeta, a leading publisher and a reference point across the entire Spanish-speaking world, publishes works by Spanish and foreign authors aimed at a broad public that seeks reading matter that combines quality and success. Its catalogue lists nearly two thousand authors and encompasses all the literary genres
History and profileEdit
Planeta owns over 70 publishing houses worldwide. It publishes the newspaper La Razón. Besides publishing, the group operates in the areas of collectibles, training, direct marketing, distance learning, and audiovisual media.
With its purchase of Editis in 2009, it became one of the largest publishers in the world, with over 1 billion dollars of revenue that year. Both in 2013 and 2014 the company was the eight largest book publisher in the world.
- "Legal Warning Archived 2010-11-20 at the Wayback Machine." Planeta. Retrieved on 20 December 2010. "Planeta Corporación, S.R.L. is a Spanish business entity, with address at Av. Diagonal, 662-664, 08034 Barcelona, Spain,"
- Planeta moves its head office to Madrid. El Español, 10 October 2017
- "Country Profile: Spain". Institute of Media and Communications Study. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Global Publishing Leaders 2014: Planeta". Publishers Weekly. 27 June 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "The World's 56 Largest Book Publishers, 2014". Publishers Weekly. 27 June 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2015.