Grünheide (Mark) is a municipality in the Oder-Spree district, in Brandenburg, Germany, 30 kilometres south-east of Berlin city centre. It is situated south-east of Berlin on the River Löcknitz. In 2020 Tesla, Inc. began to build Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg in Grünheide near the Autobahn A10.
View over Grünheide with Lake Werlsee, Giga Berlin (Tesla construction site) in the background
|• Mayor||Arne Christiani (Ind.)|
|• Total||125.92 km2 (48.62 sq mi)|
|Elevation||35 m (115 ft)|
|• Density||70/km2 (180/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
Grünheide lies in the northwest of the Oder-Spree District (German: Landkreis Oder-Spree, Lower Sorbian: Wokrejs Odra-Sprjewja; seat: Beeskow (Lower Sorbian: Bezkow)), directly bordering the Märkisch-Oderland District (seat: Seelow) to the north. Grünheide is clockwise surrounded by the municipalities of Rehfelde, Müncheberg, Steinhöfel, Fürstenwalde/Spree, Spreenhagen, Gosen-Neu Zittau, Erkner, Woltersdorf (bei Berlin), and Rüdersdorf bei Berlin.
Division of the townEdit
Grünheide consists of the following districts:
- Grünheide (Mark) with the villages Grünheide, Alt Buchhorst, Bergluch, Gottesbrück and Fangschleuse
Population change comparison: Grünheide (Mark) versus Brandenburg state (1875 - present)]. The development of the Grünheide (Mark) population since 1875 within the current boundaries (blue line) and its comparison to the population development of Brandenburg state (dotted line). Also illustrated is the population during the time of Nazi rule (grey background) and during the time of Communist rule (red background).
Recent Population Development and Projections (Population Development before Census 2011 (blue line); Recent Population Development according to the Census in Germany in 2011 (blue bordered line); Official projections for 2005-2030 (yellow line); for 2014-2030 (red line); for 2017-2030 (scarlet line)
- Curt Herrmann (1854-1929), Impressionist, lived in the mansion with a tower in the village part of the Hangelsberg from the year 1750.
- Fritz Rasp (1891-1976), actor, lived during his time in Berlin in his own house in what is today's Mönchwinkel.
- Robert Havemann (1910-1982), chemist, communist, resistance fighter against the National Socialism and Critical Critic in the GDR. Havemann lived in his house in today's district of Grünheide from 1976 to 1979 because of his criticism of the SED
- "Bevölkerung im Land Brandenburg nach amtsfreien Gemeinden, Ämtern und Gemeinden 31. Dezember 2019". Amt für Statistik Berlin-Brandenburg (in German). July 2020.
- Baustart für Tesla-Werk – ohne Elon Musk und ohne Baugenehmigung B.Z. 6.8.2020
- Detailed data sources are to be found in the Wikimedia Commons.Population Projection Brandenburg at Wikimedia Commons
Media related to Grünheide (Mark) at Wikimedia Commons
|This Brandenburg location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|