This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Mayor||Steffen Heß|
|• Total||17.3 km2 (6.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||474 m (1,555 ft)|
|• Density||520/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Formation of the municipalityEdit
The settlements Hinterweiler and Stockach belong to the municipality of Gomaringen.
- The ending of the name "ingen" is proof for the first settlement done by the Alamanni
- The name "Gomaringen" is first mentioned in a document in 1191, the chronicle of Berthold von Zwiefalten.
- Werner von Gomaringen (approx. 1356-1393) and Peter von Gomaringen (1393-1412) belonging to the house of the Herren von Gomaringen become abbots of Bebenhausen, the domestical monastery of the Pfalzgrafen von Tübingen.
- 1499: Gomaringen and its contemporary settlements Hinterweiler und Stockach are bought by Reutlingen. For a 150-year-long era reeves take care of the interests of the imperial city.
- 1648: Because of the high contributions in the Thirty Years War Reutlingen had to pay as an imperial city, it needed to sell Gomaringen and Hinterweiler to Württemberg.
- 1807: Gomaringen becomes member of the Oberamt, later the district Reutlingen.
- 1973: As a result of the district reformation in 1973, the municipality changed districts, from Reutlingen to Tübingen.
Gomaringen is the seat of the municipal administration cooperation "Steinlach-Wiesaz". Other members are Dußlingen and Nehren.
The last town election on 7 June 2009 had the following results at the last reapportionment:
International town partnershipEdit
- Arcis-sur-Aube in France, since 1976
- Gustav-Schwab-Museum inside the castle palace
- Castle Gomaringen, started 1837 finished 1841, was the home of Gustav Schwab.
Economy and infrastructureEdit
The state road L 230 links the town to the federal road B 27 and thereby to Tübingen and Stuttgart. The state road L 394 links Gomaringen east-bound to Reutlingen. The state road L 384 provides the link from Gomaringen to the Schwaebische Alb.
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2018". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). July 2019.