Glossary of baseball (V)
- A team (and their fans) in another team's home stadium are "visiting" as "the visitors".
- A conference with a pitcher is referred to as a "visit to the mound".
- Value Over Replacement Player, Keith Woolner's method of evaluating baseball players. VORP ranks players by comparing their run production (for batters) to that of an imaginary "replacement-level" player that teams can acquire for the league-minimum salary.
- A reliever who records wins in late innings by being the pitcher of record in the midst of a comeback.
- For accessible summaries, see Rob Neyer, "The World According to VORP", ESPN.com (February 2, 2007) and Derek Jacques, "Prospectus Toolbox: Value Over Replacement Player", BaseballProspectus.com (May 15, 2007).
- "Dunn's 10 wins an unexpected boost for Marlins". ESPN. Associated Press. August 15, 2014. Retrieved August 18, 2014.