Giancarlo Mazzanti (born 1963) is a Colombian architect based in Bogota.
Mazzanti was born in Barranquilla, Colombia in 1963. He graduated with a degree in architecture from the Pontifical University in Javeriana, Bogotá (Pontificia Universidad Javeriana) in 1987. He received a graduate degree in history and theory of architecture and industrial design from the University of Florence, Italy in 1991.
Mazzanti's work includes Biblioteca Parque España, León de Greiff Library (Bibliotheca La Ladera) in Medellín, Gerardo Molina College, Restaurant Nazca, Habitar 72, Habitar 74 and the Medellin Coliseum (for IX South American Games). He won the Sustainable Architecture prize from the French Institute of Architecture.
Giancarlo Mazzanti (1963, Barranquilla, Colombia) is an Architect of the Javeriana University in Bogotá, with a postgraduate in Industrial design from the University of Florence in Italy (1991). He has taught in several Colombian universities and at Princeton, Harvard and Columbia universities and his work is exhibited in MoMA's and Pompidou’s permanent collections. Social values are at the core of Mazzanti's architecture projects. He searches for projects that empower transformations and build communities. Mazzanti has committed his professional life to the improvement of the quality of design of the build environment and the concept of social equality, his works reflect significant social shifts happening in Latin America today. His work has helped show that good design can lead to new identities for cities and their inhabitants, transgressing reputations of crime and poverty.
- [Portraits - Giancarlo Mazzanti] CyberArchi.com - May 20, 2010
- [Giancarlo Mazzanti, primer arquitecto colombiano en Museo] CM& - Oct 12, 2011
- Plataforma Arquitectura - Mar 19, 2009
- Batiactu - Apr 5, 2011
- Plataforma Arquitectura - Nov 4, 2008
- COLOMBIA: BIBLIOTECA ESPAÑA DI GIANCARLO MAZZANTI EdilPortale - Nov 4, 2008
- Plataforma Arquitectura - Sep 4, 2009
- El Mundo.com - May 30, 2008
- Arquitectura. "Hay que deshacerse del miedo para copiar y replicar la arquitectura ":Giancarlo Mazzanti 28 May 2010 El Tiempo