The Georgia Swarm are a box lacrosse team in the East Division of the National Lacrosse League. They have been playing at the 13,000-seat Infinite Energy Arena in Duluth, Georgia since their 2016 season.
|League||National Lacrosse League|
|Based in||Duluth, Georgia|
|Arena||Infinite Energy Arena|
|Colors||Gold, Blue, White|
|Owner||John and Andy Arlotta|
|Head coach||Ed Comeau|
|General manager||John Arlotta|
|Division titles||(1) 2017|
The team was formed as the Minnesota Swarm and played at the Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, Minnesota from 2004 until 2015. On May 22, 2015, team owner John Arlotta announced that the Xcel Energy Center, home of the Swarm, did not renew the contract for the team. Instead of negotiating for a new lease, the Swarm began looking for potential relocation sites and eventually chose the Atlanta metro area.
Georgia Swarm roster
|Active (21-man) roster||Inactive roster||Coaches|
Head coaching historyEdit
Note: This list does not include coaches from the Minnesota Swarm.
|2016||Eastern||8–10||3rd||4–5||4–5||238||240||Ed Comeau||lost division semi-final|
|2017||Eastern||13–5||1st||7–2||6–3||266||213||Ed Comeau||Won championship|
|2018||Eastern||11–7||1st||6–3||5–4||226||215||Ed Comeau||Lost division final|
|2019||Eastern||12-6||2nd||7-2||5-4||230||210||Ed Comeau||Lost eastern division semi final|
|2020||Eastern||7-5||2nd||2-4||5-1||149||126||Ed Comeau||Season Canceled|
|Playoff Totals||4 Appearances||4-3||2–2||2–1||91||82||1 championship|
- Carroll, Alex (May 29, 2015). "Swarm lacrosse team moving to Atlanta". Star Tribune. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- Rand, Michael (May 23, 2015). "Swarm lacrosse will leave Twin Cities market". Star Tribune. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- "Swarm announce intention to relocate for 2016". NLL.com. May 22, 2015.
- Denman, Taylor (December 5, 2017). "Georgia Swarm start NLL Champions Cup defense Friday". Gwinnett Daily Post. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- Zerr, Scott (June 11, 2017). "Georgia Swarm Win 2017 Champion's Cup | National Lacrosse League". www.nll.com. Retrieved 12 December 2017.