Georg Nüßlein in 2020
|Member of the Bundestag|
|Assumed office |
|Born||10 April 1969|
Krumbach, Bavaria, West Germany
|Alma mater||University of Augsburg|
From 1993 until 2002, Nüßlein worked in the banking sector, including with Bankhaus Reuschel & Co. in Munich.
Nüßlein first became a member of the Bundestag after the 2002 German federal election. From 2005 until 2013, he served on the Committee on Economic Affairs and the Committee on the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety. In the negotiations to form a Grand Coalition of Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democrats and the Social Democrats (SPD) following the 2013 federal elections, Nüßlein was part of the CDU/CSU delegation in the working group on energy policy, led by Peter Altmaier and Hannelore Kraft.
Since 2014, Nüßlein has been serving as deputy chairman of the CDU/CSU parliamentary group, under the leadership of successive chairmen Volker Kauder (2014-2018) and Ralph Brinkhaus (since 2018). In this capacity, he is the group's main spokesman for environmenental and health policy. From 2015 until 2016, he was part of a government-appointed commission tasked with recommending how to safeguard the funding of fulfilling Germany's exit from nuclear energy, under the leadership of co-chairs Ole von Beust, Matthias Platzeck and Jürgen Trittin.
In the negotiations to form a fourth coalition government under Merkel's leadership following the 2017 federal elections, Nüßlein led the working group on health policy, alongside Hermann Gröhe and Malu Dreyer.
- Federal Network Agency for Electricity, Gas, Telecommunications, Post and Railway (BNetzA), Member of the Advisory Board (2014-2018)
- German Renewable Energy Federation (BEE) , Member of the Advisory Board (since 2005)
- "Dr. Georg Nüßlein". CDU/CSU-Fraktion. Retrieved 2020-03-23.
- Birgit Marschall (15 October 2015), Trittin, Platzeck und Beust leiten Atom-Kommission Rheinische Post.
- John O'Donnell and Christoph Steitz (29 November 2015), Minister signals German trust could handle nuclear waste storage Reuters.
- Diese Unionsabgeordneten stimmten für die Ehe für alle Die Welt, June 30, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Georg Nüßlein.|
|This biography article about a member of the Christian Social Union in Bavaria (CSU) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|