Town hall, Gemmrigheim
|• Total||8.23 km2 (3.18 sq mi)|
|Elevation||182 m (597 ft)|
|• Density||530/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Gemmrigheim was first mentioned in historical documentation in 1085 as a possession of the County of Calw, though the village was probably established in the 5th or 6th centuries AD. The Reichenbach Priory, of Hirsau Abbey was established at Gemmrigheim around 1100.
The municipality (Gemeinde) of Gemmrigheim is located at the northern edge of the district of Ludwigsburg, in the German state of Baden-Württemberg, along the border with the district of Heilbronn. Gemmrigheim lies along the Neckar, firmly placing it in Neckar river basin. Elevation above sea level in the municipal area ranges from a high of 278 meters (912 ft) Normalnull (NN) to a low of 167 meters (548 ft) NN.
Gemmrigheim has one borough (Ortsteile), Gemmrigheim, and five villages: Heinzenberg, Liebensteiner Weg, Pumpwerk, Vogelsang, and Wasen.
Coat of armsEdit
Gemmrigheim's coat of arms displays a green grapevine with five clusters of blue grapes growing on a black pole stuck into a green, three-pointed hill, upon a field of white. Local heraldry and seals have made reference to the practice of viticulture since 1525, usually with five clumps of grapes. This coat of arms was devised in 1924 and was accompanied by a municipal flag issued by the Ludwigsburg district office on 20 February 1980.
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2018". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). July 2019.
- "Gemmrigheim". LEO-BW (in German). Baden-Württemberg. Retrieved 31 July 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gemmrigheim.|
- Official website (in German)