|• Mayor||Andrea Kummerscheidt (CDU)|
|• Total||3.06 km2 (1.18 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Density||900/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Sons and daughters of the cityEdit
- Theodor Mommsen (1817-1903), historian and Nobel laureate; Since 1895 honorary citizen of the city of Garding (permanent exhibition in the town hall)
- Tycho Mommsen (1819-1900), writer and high school director
- Richard Petersen (1865-1946), engineer, technical manager for the construction of the Wuppertaler Schwebebahn
- Peter-Jürgen Boock (born 1951), writer and former member of the RAF
Connected with GardingEdit
- Knut Kiesewetter (born 1941), singer and musician, grew up in Garding.
- Otto Beckmann (born 1945), painter, draftsman and graphic artist, rebuilt the mill "Emanuel" in Garding since 1971.
|This Nordfriesland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|