Gansu Provincial Museum
The Gansu Provincial Museum (Chinese: 甘肃省博物馆; pinyin: Gānsù Shěng Bówùguăn) is a museum in Lanzhou, China. Its collections include over 350,000 artefacts, in two main sections: history and natural science. Since its foundation, the museum has held almost 300 exhibitions, and items from its collections have been exhibited worldwide. The museum was originally only for the history of Gansu itself, but was re-purposed in 1956 to be a natural history museum, after three years of renovations.
The newly refurbished exhibition building
|Former name||Gansu Science and Education Museum|
|Location||Lanzhou, Gansu Province, China|
|Key holdings||Flying Horse of Gansu|
|Collections||Silk Road, Neolithic, Natural Science|
- "Departments page". Retrieved 6 March 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "about.com page". Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "EXPO Museums article". Archived from the original on 7 March 2015. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "The history section of the website". Museum History (Chinese). Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "进入展厅-展览介绍". Archived from the original on 2016-06-05. Retrieved 2016-05-14.