Folsom Borough School District
|Folsom Borough School District|
|1357 Mays Landing Road|
Folsom, NJ 08037
|Grades||Pre-K to 8|
|Superintendent||Dr. Matthew Mazzoni|
|Business administrator||Christopher Veneziani|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||522 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||CD|
The district participates in the Interdistrict Public School Choice Program at Folsom Elementary School, having been approved on November 2, 1999, as one of the first 10 districts statewide to participate in the program. Seats in the program for non-resident students are specified by the district and are allocated by lottery, with tuition paid for participating students by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "CD", the sixth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
For ninth through twelfth grades, public school students attend Hammonton High School, in Hammonton as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Hammonton Public Schools, alongside students from Waterford Township, who attend for grades 7-12 as part of an agreement with the Waterford Township School District. As of the 2014-15 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 1,384 students and 100.7 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 13.7:1.
- Folsom School served 419 students in grades PreK - 8 as of the 2011-12 school year.
Board of EducationEdit
- Glenn Smith, President
- Lisa O'Toole, Vice President
- Andrea Way
- Daria DeStefano
- Thomas Beamer
- Debra Levey
- Marisa Scibilia
- District information for Folsom Borough School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- School Choice Intro, Folsom Elementary School District. Accessed January 2, 2017.
- Interdistrict Public School Choice Program: Approved Choice Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 19, 2008.
- Interdistrict Public School Choice Program: Introduction, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed January 2, 2017.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 28, 2014.
- Hammonton Public Schools 2015 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 5, 2016. "The Hammonton Public School System serves children from Hammonton, Waterford, and Folsom – as well as over 140 NJ Department of Education Choice students."
- Schools, Towns of Hammonton. Accessed June 6, 2016. "Residents from Waterford attend grades 7 through 12. Residents of Folsom and Collings Lakes attend the Hammonton High School in grades 9 through 12 at a brand-new high school on a 118-acre campus."
- Puko, Timothy. "Sending Towns Feeling Pinched by Hammonton", The Press of Atlantic City, March 13, 2007. Accessed June 6, 2016. "The two school districts that send students to Hammonton are disputing tuition adjustments that would allow Hammonton School District to avoid a tax hike this year but cause large tax hikes in the sending districts. The school budgets for Hammonton and its sending districts Waterford and Folsom could hang in limbo well past next month's school board elections, and Waterford and Folsom could be left with budget fights and massive cuts, sending district superintendents said."
- School data for Hammonton High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- School Data for the Folsom School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Board of Education members, Folsom Borough School District. Accessed January 2, 2017.
- New Jersey School Directory for Atlantic County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Chief School Administrator, Folsom Borough School District. Accessed January 2, 2017.
- Business Administrator, Folsom Borough School District. Accessed January 2, 2017.
- , Folsom Borough School District. Accessed January 24, 2017.