Flemming Rasmussen (born 1 January 1958) is a Danish sound engineer, record producer, and owner and founder of Sweet Silence Studios in Copenhagen, Denmark. Rasmussen is currently main engineer/producer at Sweet Silence North in Helsingør.
|Born||January 1, 1958|
|Genres||Heavy metal, power metal, hard rock, death metal|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, sound engineer|
Throughout his career, Rasmussen has worked with many different music genres, but is best known for his work with heavy metal.
Rasmussen began his career as an assistant at the Rosenberg Studios facility run by producer/engineer Freddy Hansson. In 1976, Hansson founded the Sweet Silence Studios and brought Rasmussen with him. In 1980, Rasmussen became co-owner of the studio, and one year later became an engineer, recording the 1981 album Difficult to Cure by Rainbow. His work there attracted Metallica, who brought Rasmussen to work on their album Ride the Lightning (1984). The partnership continued through Master of Puppets (1986) and ...And Justice for All (1988).
He also produced the Morbid Angel album Covenant, Blind Guardian's albums Imaginations from the Other Side, The Forgotten Tales and Nightfall in Middle-Earth, Artillery's By Inheritance and Ensiferum's Iron, amongst others. In 1999 he took over Sweet Silence, which was demolished in 2009 to make way for an apartment complex and a car park. Rasmussen then moved to Winding Road Studios in Copenhagen. He then left in January 2014 to reopen Sweet Silence in Helsingør north of Copenhagen, under the name of Sweet Silence North.
Rasmussen won a Grammy for producing Metallica's "One" in 1989. In 1994, the Danish Grammys recognized him as producer of the year for his work on Sort Sol's Glamourpuss. Flemming also worked with Evile on their debut Enter the Grave in 2007. and Monte Pittman "The Power of Three" in 2014.
- Saulnier, Jason (13 January 2013). "Flemming Rasmussen Interview, Producer talks Master Of Puppets". Music Legends. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- Buskin, Richard (May 2011). "Metallica 'One': Classic Tracks". Sound on Sound. SOS Publications Group. OCLC 61313197. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "Credits: Covenant". Allmusic. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- Huey, Steve. "Review: Imaginations from the Other Side". Allmusic. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Credits: Forgotten Tales". Allmusic. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Credits: Nightfall in Middle-Earth". Allmusic. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Credits: By Inheritance". Allmusic. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Review: Iron". Allmusic. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- Winding Road
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Review: Enter the Grave". Allmusic. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
|This article on a record producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Danish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|