Flörsheim am Main
Flörsheim am Main
|• Mayor||Bernd Blisch (CDU)|
|• Total||22.95 km2 (8.86 sq mi)|
|Elevation||90 m (300 ft)|
|• Density||940/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
- Flörsheim (11,950 Residents)
- Weilbach (3,831 Residents) (independent district)
- Wicker (3,472 Residents) (independent district)
- Bad Weilbach
- Keramag/Falkenberg (706 Residents)
As of 31 July 2005
Flörsheim has partnerships with:
People from FlörsheimEdit
- Abdelaziz Ahanfouf (born 14 January 1978), former German-Moroccan football player, eight international matches for Morocco.
- Georg Badeck, former Member of Landtag, CDU, died 2004
- Dr Hugo Noerdlinger, Jewish chemical factory owner and inventor, died 1917. Nazis seized the factory from his two sons who died in Nazi concentration camps and are commemorated on the Holocaust Memorial wall in Wiesbaden. A mall has been built over the factory site.
- Dr. Max Schohl (died 1943, in Auschwitz), Jewish chemical factory owner and patron.
- Deniz Yücel (born 10 September 1973), journalist and publisher, best known for his works in Die Tageszeitung and Die Welt
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
In the fall the Flörsheimer Kerb is celebrated along the Main River. It was created in relation to the Kirchweihfest in the St. Gallus Church in Flörsheim. It is a small fair with a few rides and booths to eat.
Furthermore, there is a weekend-long open-air concert once a year called Flörsheim Open Air. It is a little festival underneath the Main river's bridge that leads to Rüsselsheim. In 2007 it will be the 32nd festival.
There is also Flörsheims Carnival parade that goes through Flörsheim on Carnival Sunday. It attracts many thousands of spectators. In 2007 it attracted over 80,000 people.
Culture and sport clubsEdit
- Ball-Sport-Club 1985 Flörsheim e.V.
- ESV Blaugold Flörsheim e.V.; seit 1953, Sportarten Kegeln und Darts
- FC Germania 1908 Weilbach e.V.
- Flörsheimer Carneval Verein 1928 e.V.
- Flörsheimer Narren Club 1962
- Flörsheimer Ruderverein 08 e.V.
- Flörsheimer Sammlerverein Untermain e.V.; Briefmarken, Briefe, Postkarten, Münzen, Euromünzen
- Kerbeborsch 6091 Weilbach e.V.
- Reitsportverein Flörsheim 1927 e.V.
- Schützengesellschaft 1906 e.V. Flörsheim am Main
- SV 09 Flörsheim
- SV Edelweiß 1899 e.V. (Schützenverein)
- TV Wicker e.V.
- Ata Moschee, an Ahmadiyya mosque
- "Bevölkerungsstand am 31.12.2019". Hessisches Statistisches Landesamt (in German). July 2020.
- Website Flörsheim
- "Process of freeing waste waters containing cyanids and sulfocyanids from poison." US Patent office: 1906-01-23 Application filed by Firm Of Chem Fab Floersheim Dr H Noerdlinger, 1906-01-23 Priority to US29750906A, 1908-09-01 Application granted, 1908-09-01 Publication of US897735A, 1925-09-01, Application status is Expired - Lifetime
- "Fraport Immobilienservice und -entwicklungs GmbH & Co. KG Archived 2011-07-25 at the Wayback Machine." Fraport. Retrieved on 3 June 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Flörsheim am Main.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Flörsheim am Main.|
|Look up Flörsheim in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|