Finnish Academy of Science and Letters

The Finnish Academy of Science and Letters (Finnish Suomalainen Tiedeakatemia; Latin Academia Scientiarum Fennica) is a Finnish learned society. It was founded in 1908 as a Finnish-language counterpart of the Swedish-language Finnish Society of Sciences and Letters, which had existed since 1838.

Contents

MembersEdit

 
Nordenskiöld N.G. Acta Societatis Scientiarum Fennicae. 1842. T. 1. P. XIII.

The academy has a total of 328 seats for Finnish members. When a member of the academy turns 65 years, his seat is free for selection of a new member, but he remains a full member until death. The seats are divided into two sections

Section of ScienceEdit

189 seats

Section of the HumanitiesEdit

139 seats

See alsoEdit

External linksEdit