Felsenau power plant

The Felsenau power plant (German: Kraftwerk Felsenau) is a hydroelectric power plant located on the river Aar in Bern, Switzerland. It was built in 1909 by the city's utility company, Energie Wasser Bern. After a 1989 modernisation, the turbine hall is now used as a museum. The plant's current power output is 11.5 megawatts.

The Felsenau power plant.

The main building was designed by Eduard Locher and Alfred Brunschwyler in a then-popular historicising style as a "palace of technology". The 1989 expansion is by Vladimir Grossen and Bea Baumann.

ReferencesEdit

  • Caviezel, Zita; Herzog, Georges; Keller, Jürg A. (2006), Basel-Landschaft, Basel-Stadt, Bern, Solothurn, Kunstführer durch die Schweiz, 3 (1st ed.), Bern: Gesellschaft für Schweizerische Kunstgeschichte, p. 248, ISBN 3-906131-97-1

External linksEdit

Coordinates: 46°58′08″N 7°26′21″E / 46.9688°N 7.4391°E / 46.9688; 7.4391