Falah Mustafa Bakir
Falah Mustafa Bakir (Sorani Kurdish: فەلاح مستەفا; born 1964) is a politician from Iraqi Kurdistan and has served as Head of Department of Foreign Relations for Kurdistan Regional Government since 2006.
Falah Mustafa Bakir
کوڕی کەر فەلاح مستەفا
|Foreign Minister of Iraqi Kurdistan|
|Assumed office |
|Prime Minister||Nechervan Barzani|
|Preceded by||Position created|
Erbil, Iraqi Kurdistan
Early life and educationEdit
Falah Mustafa Bakir was born in Erbil in 1964. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Language and Literature from the University of Mosul in Mosul, Iraq in 1986. He received a master's degree in Development Studies from the University of Bath in Bath, Somerset, England in 1995. He speaks Kurdish, English and Arabic fluently.
He originally served as Public Relations Officer of the Kurdistan Democratic Party from 1996 to 1999, then was KRG Deputy Minister of Agriculture & Irrigation from 1999 to 2002. Afterwards, he served as a Senior Adviser to KRG Prime Minister Nechervan Idris Barzani from 2002 to 2004. He was Kurdistan liaison officer for the Coalition Provisional Authority in 2003 and was liaison officer for the Multi-National Forces Korean Contingent stationed in Erbil in 2004. In 2004 still, he was appointed as Minister of State of Kurdistan.
Foreign Minister of the KDPEdit
In September 2016, he remained Kurdistan Regional Government’s (KRG) minister of foreign relations. That month he asserted that "if we reach an agreement with Baghdad (on statehood), there may not be a need for a referendum."
- "Minister Falah Mustafa Bakir, Head of the Department of Foreign Relations". Retrieved 2016-12-07.
- Kurdistan Regional Government: Minister Falah Mustafa Bakir - Head of the Department of Foreign Relations
- Department of Foreign Relations: Minister Falah Mustafa Bakir, Head of the Department of Foreign Relations
- VIP Lunch in honour of Minister Falah Mustafa Bakir, Middle East Association, October 16, 2013
- "Kurdish foreign minister: 'We are suffering from lack of sovereignty'", RUDAW, September 17, 2016, retrieved April 3, 2017
- "KRG FM: Peshmerga have not received the air support that was expected", RUDAW, September 17, 2016, retrieved April 3, 2017
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Falah Mustafa Bakir.|
| 1st Foreign Minister of Iraqi Kurdistan