View of the town
|• Mayor||Marco Siesing|
|• Total||8.24 km2 (3.18 sq mi)|
|Elevation||156 m (512 ft)|
|• Density||330/km2 (850/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Eschelbronn was already mentioned in the year 788/789 in a deed of donation from the monastery of Lorsch. In the end of the 13th century it became property of the diocese of Speyer. In 1267 a castle of wood was built and later in 1375 was transformed to a moated castle of stone. In 1526 the population were converted to Lutheranism. In 1803 Eschelbronn became a part of Baden. 1807 the village joined the district of Waibstadt and was assigned 1813 to the district of Sinsheim, which in the year 1973 became the Rhine Neckar Area.
In former times the main income source from the inhabitants was agriculture, however later in the 18th century the weaving mill of lines became more and more important. Since the end of the 19th century Eschelbronn is well known for its furniture manufacturing industry.
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2018". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). July 2019.