Erzbischöfliche Liebfrauenschule Bonn
|Erzbishöfliche Liebfrauenschule Bonn|
|Founder||School Sisters of Notre Dame|
|Träger||Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Cologne|
|Head of school||Mechthild Wolber|
|Teaching staff||c. 50|
In 1876, a private Catholic school for girls was founded by Bernardine Fröhlich and from 1900 was run by Emilie Heyermann. It was located in Clemensstraße and had c. 250 pupils. In 1917, it was taken over by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, and in 1919 it moved to Königstraße 17–19. From 1938 to 1944, it was closed and replaced by a städtische Oberschule II für Mädchen. In 1945, the Sisters took over the school again and converted it into a gymnasium for modern languages and, until 1975, for high school education for women. In 1975, the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Cologne took over responsibility for the school. In 1985, it was renovated and the buildings were extended. The school is coorporating in the advanced level with the Kardinal-Frings-Gymnasium and the Sankt-Adelheid-Gymnasium.
The main building of the school is a listed building from the Gründerzeit.
- Umgestaltung des Pausenhofes der Liebfrauenschule in Bonn: (T)raumhof Liebfrauenschule Bonn, Volume 1 by Martin Dahlmann, published 2002
- "Erzbischöfliche Liebfrauenschule Bonn". Mädchen-Gymnasium.de. 2012. Retrieved 17 May 2012.
- "Kurzchronik der Liebfrauenschule Bonn" (pdf). Erzbischöfliche Liebfrauenschule Bonn - Gestern - Heute - Morgen - Band 2. Freundeskreis der Liebfrauenschule Bonn. 2007. Retrieved 17 May 2012.