Bowd was born in England. He designed the Lewis Cass Building. He also designed many buildings at Michigan State University (MSU) in East Lansing beginning with Old Botany in 1892 and continuing on his own and at the firm with Marshall Hall, Agriculture Hall, Giltner Hall (1913 portion), IM Recreative Sports Circle, and Spartan Stadium. The firm designed most of the buildings on the MSU campus until 1940 often in Collegiate Gothic style.
- Charles E. Chamberlain Federal Building & Post Office, 315 W. Allegan St. In Lansing, Bowd-Munson Co.
- J.W. Knapp Company Building, 300 S. Washington Avenue in Lansing, Bowd-Munson Company. Streamline Moderne in style.
- Ottawa Street Power Station, 217 E. Ottawa St. Lansing, MI Bowd-Munson Co.
- Ottawa Street Power Station
- Spartan Stadium (East Lansing, Michigan)
- Demonstration Hall
- Accident Fund Company National Headquarters (1940)
- Masonic Temple Building (Lansing, Michigan) (1924) (now the main building for Cooley Law School) in Lansing 
- Michigan School for the Blind Abigail Building (1916) in Lansing
- Ingham County Courthouse (1904) in Mason, Michigan
- Michigan State University Museum
- First Baptist Church in Lansing
- Berkey Hall (1947)
- Spartan Stadium (both the 1923 original and the 1959 renovation)
- Jenison Field House (1940)
- NRHP database