Ebersbach an der Fils
Ebersbach an der Fils
Aerial view of Ebersbach an der Fils
|• Total||26.27 km2 (10.14 sq mi)|
|Elevation||292 m (958 ft)|
|• Density||590/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Ebersbach an der Fils was first mentioned in 1170. In 1299, it became a possession of the County of Württemberg, which already owned property nearby. Throughout the Middle Ages, Ebersbach was under the jurisdiction of the city of Göppingen. Under the Kingdom of Württemberg, Göppingen's district was reorganized as Oberamt Göppingen, which became Landkreis Göppingen, its contemporary incarnation, in 1938. Ebersbach developed considerably after World War II, first spreading to the west of the city. At the end of the 1960s, it expanded to the east and northeast, and then further to the west in the 1980s. Ebersbach grew politically in the 1970s with the incorporation of the municipalities of Roßwälden in 1972 and Bünzwangen and Weiler ob der Fils in 1975.
Roßwälden entered the orbit of Württemberg in around 1381, as it controlled more and more property nearby until it was annexed by the Duchy during the tumult of the Protestant Reformation. Roßwälden was assigned to the district of Kirchheim unter Teck until 1938, when it was reassigned to the district of Göppingen.
Weiler ob der FilsEdit
The city (Stat) of Ebersbach an der Fils lies on the western edge of the district of Göppingen, along its border with the district of Esslingen am Neckar. Ebersbach is physically located between the Schurwald and Welzheim Forest to the north, and the foothills of the central Swabian Jura to the south, on the river Fils. The Fils flows through the municipality from east to west. Elevation above sea level in the municipal area ranges from a high of 482 meters (1,581 ft) Normalnull (NN) to a low of 264 meters (866 ft) NN.
Ebersbach an der Fils has four boroughs (Ortsteile): Ebersbach an der Fils, Bünzwangen, Roßwälden, and Weiler ob der Fils. There are also six villages within the municipal area: Birkenhöfe, Büchenbronn, Erlenhof, Krapfenreut, Lindenhof, and Sulpach. There is one abandoned village, Stainboß.
Coat of armsEdit
Ebersbach's coat of arms displays a boar in yellow, standing upon green ground and facing left, upon a field of red. The boar has been a motif of Ebersbach since 1489, though with some variance since then in its appearance. The municipal coat of arms, which shows the boar standing, was derived from an image from 1535; others, such as a keystone in the parish church, show the boar walking or jumping.
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2018". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). July 2019.
- "Ebersbach an der Fils". LEO-BW (in German). Baden-Württemberg. Retrieved 27 July 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ebersbach an der Fils.|
- Official website (in German)