|Region||Zhag'yab County, Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet|
Drag-yab is spoken in 6 townships, along different river valleys within the Lancang (Lachu) River watershed. These include Maiqu, Kaqu, Lasongqu, Guidaqu, and Changqu.
- Byams mdun Town (Chinese: Xiangdui 香堆镇): mostly Drag-yab speakers
- Dzongsar Township (Chinese: Zongsha 宗沙乡): mostly Drag-yab speakers
- Palri Township (Chinese: Bari 巴日乡): all Drag-yab speakers
- Khuda (Chinese: Kuoda 扩达乡): mostly Drag-yab speakers
- Atshur Township (Chinese: Azi 阿孜乡): mostly Drag-yab speakers
- Rongdrub Township (Chinese: Rongzhou 荣周乡): Drag-yab speakers are mainly located in Maidui Village
Drag-yab villages by township:
|Xiangdui Town 香堆镇, Drag-yab||Rezi 热孜村, Kunda 坤达村, Daba 达巴村, Xuelong 学龙村, Laxi 拉西村, and Dangduo 当佐村|
|Rongzhou Township 荣周乡, Drag-yab||Maidui 麦堆村, Zuotong 佐通村, and Zere|
|Kuoda Township 扩达乡, Drag-yab||Zeran, Gangba, Gangka 岗卡村, Zuoduo, etc.|
|Zongsha Township 宗沙乡, Drag-yab||Yuergang, Lasong 拉松村, etc.|
|Azi Township 阿孜乡, Drag-yab||most villages in the township|
|Bari Township 巴日乡, Drag-yab||Baie, Luosong 罗松村, Zesong, Zhuoba, Xiongre 雄然村, etc.|
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin, eds. (2017). "Drag-yab". Glottolog 3.0. Jena, Germany: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
- Suzuki, Hiroyuki and Tashi Nyima. 2018. Historical relationship among three non-Tibetic languages in Chamdo, TAR. Proceedings of the 51st International Conference on Sino-Tibetan Languages and Linguistics (2018). Kyoto: Kyoto University.
- Tashi Nyima; Hiroyuki Suzuki (2019). "Newly recognised languages in Chamdo: Geography, culture, history, and language". Linguistics of the Tibeto-Burman Area. 42 (1): 38–81. doi:10.1075/ltba.18004.nyi. ISSN 0731-3500.
- Xizang Changdu Diqu Difangzhi Bianzuan Weiyuanhui 西藏昌都地区地方志编纂委员会 (2005). Changdu Diquzhi 昌都地区志. Beijing: Fangzhi Chubanshe 方志出版社.