Dorians is an Armenian rock band founded in June 2008 by Vahagn Gevorgyan. In February 2009 the band participated at the first qualifying round of the international Eurovision Song Contest, which brought popularity to the band.
Dorians performing at the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 (from left to right: Arman Pahlevanyan, Gagik Khodavirdi, Gor Sujyan, Arman Jalalyan, and Edgar Sahakyan)
|Members||Gor Sujyan (singer)|
Gagik Khodavirdi (guitar)
Arman Pahlevanyan (keyboard)
Edgar Sahakyan (bass guitar)
Arman Jalalyan (drums)
In April 2009 Dorians won the "Best Newcomer" award at the annual Tashir Music Awards in Moscow. In June of the same year, the band performed its first big concert celebrating its one-year anniversary in Yerevan.
Meeting legendary musicians Ian Gillan (Deep Purple) and Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) the band Dorians had a charity concert within the frame of the project Rock Aid Armenia and provided the profit to the reconstruction of a music school in Gyumri, Armenia.
In November 2010 the band performed four solo concerts in Moscow. During the same year the band was announced as the "Best Rock Band of the Year" at the National Music Awards of Armenia. In 2011 Dorians won the "Best Rock Band of the Year", the "Best Video of the Year" and the "Best Vocal of the Year" awards at the National Music Awards of Armenia.
In April 2011 the band recorded its first album, the mixing of which was done in Brussels, Belgium at the "ICP" Studios, the mastering was done at the "Translab" mastering studio in Paris, France. In August 2011 Dorians was invited to perform at the opening act of Serj Tankian's (System of a Down) concert in Yerevan.
On 13 December 2011 the band won the "Rock Number One" and the "Man Number One" awards at the radio award VAN Music Awards 2011.
On 22 December 2011 the band Dorians presented their first album named "Fly". On 10 September 2012 at the Sports and Concerts Complex after Karen Demirchyan and on 13 September 2012 at the Nagorno-Karabakh the band Dorians had a concert with keyboard player Derek Sherinian, along with special guest Glenn Hughes.
In 2013 Dorians represented Armenia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013, with the song "Lonely Planet". The song went to compete in the second semi-final on 16 May 2013, and qualified for the final, placing 7th with a total of 69 points, receiving 12 points from France. In the final, Armenia placed 18 in a field of 26 songs, with a score of 41 points.
- Gor Sujyan – lead vocals
- Gagik "Gagas" Khodavirdi – lead guitar
- Arman Pahlevanyan – keyboards
- Edgar Sahakyan – bass
- Arman Jalalyan – drums, percussion
- 2011: Fly
- Glen Vella at the Armenian National Music Awards Archived 26 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "Serj Tankian Performs Open-Air Concert in Yerevan". Archived from the original on 30 December 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- Serj Tankian is Again in Yerevan Archived 26 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "VAN Music Awards – 2011". Archived from the original on 6 January 2012. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- "Dorians show with Derek Sherinian & Glenn Hughes". Archived from the original on 14 January 2013. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- "Deep Purple" legendary group member Glenn Hughes to take part in Dorians concert
- Gor Sujyan will represent Armenia – EBU
with "Boom Boom"
| Armenia in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "Not Alone"