Doosan Encyclopedia is a Korean language encyclopedia published by Doosan Donga (두산동아). The encyclopedia is based on the Dong-A Color Encyclopedia (동아원색세계대백과사전), which comprises 30 volumes and began to be published in 1982 by Dong-A Publishing (동아출판사). Dong-A Publishing was merged into Doosan Donga, a subsidiary of Doosan Group, in February 1985.
|Media type||30 volumes (hardbound)|
|Revised Romanization||Dusan Segye Daebaekgwa Sajeon|
|McCune–Reischauer||Tusan Sekye Taepaekkwa Sachon|
The online version of the Doosan Encyclopedia was named EnCyber, which is a blend of two English words: Encyclopedia and Cyber. The company has stated that, with the trademark, it aims to become a center of living knowledge. EnCyber provides free content to readers via South Korean portals such as Naver. Naver has risen to the top position in the search engine market of South Korea partially because of the popularity of EnCyber encyclopedia. When Naver exclusively contracted Doosan Doonga in 2003, the former paid multi billion won to the latter in royalties.
The articles in the EnCyber encyclopedia aim to educate readers in every age group. It is regarded as a major encyclopedia in South Korea. As of 2009[update], EnCyber was the biggest online encyclopedia of South Korea.
On November 1, 2010, the digital version of Doosan Encyclopedia was renamed 'doopedia', a portmanteau from the company name 'Doosan' and the English word 'encyclopedia'. On 7 November 2013 were 463,953 items in the 'doopedia' available. In the Korean Wikipedia on that day there were 252,830 articles.
- 두산동아(주) (斗山東亞) (in Korean). Empas / EncyKorea.
- "백과사전 encyclopedia 百科事典 enkyklopaideia". 한국의 백과사전 (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Archived from the original on 2013-01-02.
- 두산동아(주) 斗山東亞(株) (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Archived from the original on 2012-07-29.
-  Archived February 1, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "About Encyber" (in Korean). Doosan. Archived from the original on 2009-02-18.
- Hwangbo Jinseo (황보진서) (2008-04-20). "Britannica is "free" from now. (브리태니커 "이제 공짜입니다.")" (in Korean). Newsboy.com. Retrieved 2008-04-27.[permanent dead link]
- Jeong Ho-jae (정호재) (2004-07-01). 백과사전, 온라인과의 동침 (in Korean) (441). Weekly Dong-a: 68 ~ 69.
- 두산백과사전 엔싸이버 사진자료 100만장 돌파 [Doosan Encyclopedia enssayibeo photographic materials exceed 100 million] (in Korean). Newswire / Etnews. 2009-02-06.
- [dead link]
- Doosan webzine October 2010[permanent dead link] (PDF, Korean, 5.7 MB)
- "Home doopedia" (in Korean). Retrieved 2013-11-07.