|Date of birth||8 December 1992|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Playing position(s)||Right back, Midfielder|
|2017||Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic|
|2017–||Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 09:08, 16 March 2017 (UTC)|
In February 2017 he was suspended by the club after he admitted breaching professional conduct rules on gambling, before being sacked four days later. He had earlier received a four-match ban from the Scottish Football Association for homophobic tweets.
On 8 March 2017 Brett signed for Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic until the end of the season. After leaving the club at the end of his contract, Brett returned to senior football, signing for Scottish League Two club Montrose on 11 June 2017. Brett, however, left the club less than three weeks after joining, citing lengthy travel times to and from the club as his main motivation behind quitting.
- Dean Brett at Soccerbase
- "Dean Brett's Cowdenbeath career on line as he admits gambling against own team". BBC Sport. 20 February 2017. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "League Two Cowdenbeath sack Dean Brett over gambling offences". BBC Sport. 24 February 2017. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "Dean Brett: Cowdenbeath defender banned over 'offensive tweets'". BBC Sport. 22 February 2017. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- Grant Russell (22 February 2017). "Cowdenbeath's Dean Brett banned over homophobic tweets". STV. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- Brendan Parkinson (8 March 2017). "Signing update". Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic F.C. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "Petrie strengthens defensive options". Montrose FC. 11 June 2017. Retrieved 12 June 2017.
- Roache, Ian (30 June 2017). "Former Dundee United skipper Sean Dillon joins Montrose as player-coach". The Courier. Dundee. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- Harper, Gavin (6 July 2017). "Dean Brett signs for Bonnyrigg Rose after ending 19-day spell with Montrose". East Lothian Courier. Newsquest. Retrieved 13 October 2017.