Deadline (also known as Deadline Hollywood or Deadline.com and previously known as the news blog Deadline Hollywood Daily) is an online news site founded by Nikki Finke in 2006. The site is updated several times a day, with entertainment industry news as its focus. It has been a brand of Penske Media Corporation since 2009.
Type of site
|Film and entertainment news|
|Owner||Penske Media Corporation|
|Alexa rank||3,702 (May 2020[update])|
|Launched||September 4, 2009|
Deadline was founded by Nikki Finke, who began writing an LA Weekly column series called Deadline Hollywood in June 2002. She began the Deadline Hollywood Daily (DHD) blog in March 2006 as an online version of her column. She officially launched it as an entertainment trade website in 2006. The site became one of Hollywood's most followed websites by 2009.
In 2009, Finke sold Deadline to Penske Media Corporation (then Mail.com Media) for a low seven-figure sum. Finke was also given a five-year-plus employment contract reported by the Los Angeles Times as worth "millions of dollars," as well as part of the site's revenue. In September 2009, the URL was changed to Deadline.com and the site's name to Deadline Hollywood. The publication expanded to New York in 2010 with the hiring of Variety reporter Mike Fleming Jr. as the new Deadline New York editor, Financial Times editor Tim Adler to lead Deadline London, and Nellie Andreeva for the site's television coverage as "co-editors-in-chief, TV". Finke remained the editor of Deadline Hollywood until 2013.
- "deadline.com Competitive Analysis, Marketing Mix and Traffic - Alexa". deadline.com. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "About Us – Deadline.com"
- Finke, Nikki (May 11, 2016). "Deadline Turns 10 And Celebrates Disruptors: Nikki Finke Looks Back". Deadline Hollywood. United States: Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved May 11, 2016.
- Maglio, Tony; Donnelly, Matt (July 21, 2017). "She's Back?! Nikki Finke Poised to Return to Deadline Hollywood as Columnist (Exclusive)". TheWrap.
- Fritz, Ben (June 24, 2009). "Mail.com picks up Deadline Hollywood". The Los Angeles Times.
- Haber, Matt (September 4, 2009). "FIXEDJA! Nikki Finke's Deadline Sleeker, Less Daily". Portfolio.com. American City Business Journals. Archived from the original on March 18, 2012. Retrieved September 4, 2009.
- Young, Pandora (January 11, 2010). "Nikki Finke Hires Mike Fleming Away From Variety". Mediabistro. United States: Prometheus Global Media. Archived from the original on January 14, 2010. Retrieved January 11, 2010.
- Ernst, Amanda (January 11, 2010). "Nikki Fine Hires Variety Vet To Helm Deadline New York". Mediabistro. United States: Prometheus Global Media. Archived from the original on January 15, 2010. Retrieved January 11, 2010.
- Reagan, Gillian (March 29, 2010). "Nikki Finke Poaches Hollywood Reporter's TV Editor Nellie Andreeva". Business Insider. New York City: Axel Springer SE. Retrieved March 29, 2010.
- Kaufman, Leslie (November 6, 2013). "Nikki Finke Leaves Deadline Hollywood". The New York Times. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- Lewoniewski, Włodzimierz; Węcel, Krzysztof; Abramowicz, Witold (May 13, 2020). "Modeling Popularity and Reliability of Sources in Multilingual Wikipedia". Information. 11 (5). doi:10.3390/info11050263. Retrieved May 27, 2020.