|Occupation||Founder and CEO, Skydance Media, film producer|
Sandra Lynn Modic (m. 2011)
|Family||Megan Ellison (sister)|
Early life and educationEdit
David Ellison was born in Santa Clara County, California. He is the son of billionaire Oracle Corporation CTO Larry Ellison, and his ex-wife, Barbara Boothe Ellison. Larry Ellison is of Italian and Jewish heritage. David attended the University of Southern California. He has one sister, film producer Megan Ellison.
Ellison is the CEO and founder of Skydance Media. In 2010, Skydance raised $350 million to co-finance and co-produce movies with Paramount. He has produced films including Mission: Impossible Fallout, Annihilation, World War Z, True Grit, Jack Reacher, Star Trek Into Darkness, Star Trek Beyond and many more.
Ellison was named to Variety's Dealmaker list for 2010 and the Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2011. As an actor, Ellison has performed in the films Flyboys, Little Fish, Strange Pond and Hole in One.
In 2014, Ellison launched a new line of men's clothing, called the "LANAI Collection."
In 2016, Ellison led Skydance’s acquisition of a game developing company named The Workshop Entertainment, Inc and formed Skydance Interactive dedicated to creating virtual reality experiences.
In 2017, Ellison helped launch Skydance Animation in partnership with Spain’s Ilion Animation Studios.
Ellison is a licensed pilot with instrument ratings for helicopter aviation, aerobatics, commercial aviation, fixed-wing aircraft, and multi-engine aircraft. In 2003, aged 20, he was selected to perform as part of Sean D. Tucker's "Stars of Tomorrow" aerobatic team at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh.
- Matthew Symonds, Larry Ellison. Software: An Intimate Portrait of Larry Ellison and Oracle Simon and Schuster, 2004. pp332-333
- Fritz, Ben, "Ellison: more than a trust fund kid?", Los Angeles Times, February 22, 2011.
- Masters, Kim, "How David Ellison, Son of Larry Ellison, Scored Big With 'True Grit'", Hollywood Reporter, March 1, 2011.
- Claudia Eller (August 16, 2010). "David Ellison raises $350 million to co-fund movies with Paramount". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 28, 2010.
- Lowry, Tom. "Paramount-Skydance deal: Dealmakers Impact Report 2010", Variety.com, 9 December 2010.
- Dorothy Pomerantz, Michael K. Ozanian and David M. Ewalt. "Forbes 30 Under 30", "Forbes.com", December 19, 2011.
- Bort, Julie (December 4, 2014). "Larry Ellison's Son Launches A Clothing Line Inspired By His Dad's Hawaiian Island". Business Insider. Retrieved December 7, 2014.
- McNary, Dave; McNary, Dave (2017-03-16). "David Ellison's Skydance Launching Animation Division With Spain's Ilion". Variety. Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- "Skydance Media Announces Strategic Investment by Tencent Holdings Limited". www.businesswire.com. 2018-01-25. Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- EAA News Archived 2010-12-14 at the Wayback Machine; accessed October 26, 2015.
- "Execs Archive". Skydance Media. Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- "Tom Cruise Wedding Dance Battle ... Caught on Tape!!!!!", tmz.com, October 6, 2011.