Datteln is a town in the district of Recklinghausen, in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is situated on a crossroads of four canals (Datteln-Hamm Canal, Wesel-Datteln Canal, Dortmund-Ems Canal and Rhein-Herne Canal), which makes it the biggest canal junction in the World, approx. 10 km north-east of Recklinghausen and 20 km north-west of Dortmund.
|• Mayor||André Dora (SPD)|
|• Total||66.08 km2 (25.51 sq mi)|
|Elevation||49 m (161 ft)|
|• Density||520/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||0 23 63|
Born in DattelnEdit
- Horst Niggemeier (1929–2000), politician, mayor of Datteln
- Reinhard Lettmann (1933–2013), Bishop of Münster (1980–2008)
- Egon Ramms (born 1948), General, 2007-2010 commander at NATO
- Klaus Eberhard (born 1957) Director of Sport of German Tennis Federation and former German professional tennis player
- Ingo Anderbrügge (born 1964), football player and coach
- Katja Seizinger (born 1972), ski racer; three times Sportswoman of the Year
- Dunja Hayali (born 1974), journalist and television presenter
- Charlotte Becker (born 1983), cyclist
- Lukas Nottbeck (born 1988), football player
- Sarah Petrausch (born 1990), German volleyball national team player
- Ruben (born 1985), German scientist, visionaire, revolutionized card gaming.
Datteln is twinned with:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Datteln.|
- "Bevölkerung der Gemeinden Nordrhein-Westfalens am 31. Dezember 2018" (in German). Landesbetrieb Information und Technik NRW. Retrieved 10 July 2019.
- Mallon, Bill; Heijmans, Jeroen (2011). Historical Dictionary of the Olympic Movement (4 ed.). Lanham, Maryland: Scarecrow Press. p. 322. ISBN 9780810875227. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
|This Recklinghausen district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|