Dan Trachtenberg (born May 11, 1981) is an American filmmaker and podcast host.  He directed the 2016 horror-thriller film 10 Cloverfield Lane which earned him a Directors Guild of America Award nomination for Outstanding Directing - First-Time Feature Film.
Trachtenberg on location, shooting The Totally Rad Show, 2007
|Occupation||Director, writer, podcast host|
|Spouse(s)||Priscilla (Hernandez) Trachtenberg|
Trachtenberg was one of three hosts of The Totally Rad Show podcast and was a former co-host of the Geekdrome podcast. He also directed episodes for the Ctrl+Alt+Chicken podcast. All three programs were hosted at Revision3.
Trachtenberg is also the director of the 2011 short film Portal: No Escape, an episode of Black Mirror entitled "Playtest" and the director of various television commercials and public service announcements.
Trachtenberg has directed commercials for Lexus, Nike, and Coca-Cola. In 2003, he directed the short film Kickin'. In April 2008, he joined Tight Films, for which he collaborated with Matt Wolf on an alternate reality game for Hellboy II: The Golden Army.
He directed the internet show, Ctrl+Alt+Chicken.
In March 2011, Trachtenberg released a short film for BlackBoxTV titled More Than You Can Chew, starring J. Kristopher, Skye Marshall and Ian Hamrick. Trachtenberg co-wrote the story with Mark D. Walker.
On April 3, 2014, Ain't It Cool News announced that Trachtenberg would direct a film for Bad Robot Productions titled Valencia, which was later revealed to be a code name for 10 Cloverfield Lane. On January 15, 2016, the trailer for 10 Cloverfield Lane was released. Producer J. J. Abrams said about the film, "The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible."
On April 30, 2018, it was announced that Dan Trachtenberg would direct the first episode of the Amazon series The Boys, replacing Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, who dropped out due to scheduling conflicts.
On January 14, 2019, Trachtenberg was announced to be directing a live action film adaptation of the video game series Uncharted. However on August 22, 2019, it was announced he had exited the film.
|2011||Portal: No Escape||Yes||No||Short film based on the Portal video game series|
|2012||More Than You Can Chew||Yes||Yes||Short film for BlackBoxTV Presents, on YouTube|
|2016||10 Cloverfield Lane||Yes||No||Nominated- Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directorial Debut|
|2019||Warframe||Yes||No||CGI-based short film for game's introduction|
|2016||Black Mirror||Episode "Playtest"|
|2019||The Boys||Premiere Episode|
- Rachel Kurland, Scare Tactics Pay off for Cheltenham’s Dan Trachtenberg. The Jewish Exponent. March 14, 2016. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- "69th Annual DGA Awards". dga.org. Retrieved February 24, 2019.
- "Danny T, Russell Make tight Connection". SHOOTonline.com. Archived from the original on October 20, 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Dan Trachtenberg on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- Hart, Hugh (10 January 2013). "Portal: No Escape Director Snags Y: The Last Man Movie". Wired. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- "Portal: No Escape Helmer Dan Trachtenberg To Direct Sci-fi Heist Movie 'Crime of the Century' For Universal". /Film. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Breaking: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct Y: The Last Man". iFanboy. January 9, 2013. Retrieved January 10, 2013.
- "The Y: The Last Man Movie Is Dead Again; Dan Trachtenberg Talks About the Adaptation". /Film. September 25, 2014. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Dan Trachtenberg will no longer be making his debut with Y:The Last Man and will instead direct Valencia for Bad Robot!". Ain't It Cool News. April 3, 2014. Retrieved September 15, 2014.
- Chitwood, Adam (January 14, 2016). "10 Cloverfield Lane Is the Title of J.J. Abrams' Secret Bad Robot Movie". Collider.com. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- Sciretta, Peter (January 14, 2016). "Bad Robot's 10 Cloverfield Lane Trailer: Is This Cloverfield 2?". /Film. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- Petski, Denise (April 30, 2018). "'The Boys': Dan Trachtenberg To Direct First Episode Of Superhero Drama Series For Amazon". Deadline. Retrieved April 30, 2018.
- "'10 Cloverfield Lane' Director Boards 'Uncharted' Movie (EXCLUSIVE)!". Variety. January 14, 2019. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- "PlayStation Boards Sony Pic 'Uncharted' With Tom Holland; Studio Closing In On Director After Dan Trachtenberg Exits". Deadline. August 22, 2019. Retrieved August 22, 2019.
- Messner, Steven (July 6, 2019). "Warframe is getting a badass new intro by the director of 10 Cloverfield Lane and Uncharted". PC Gamer. Retrieved July 6, 2019.