Dan Payne (born August 4, 1972) is a Canadian actor best known for playing the role of John in the television series Alice, I Think.
Payne in 2005
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
In his early 20s, Payne was a professional volleyball player. After his retirement, he was convinced by his brother Josh to move to Australia, where Josh was already living. Dan began his acting career by creating short films with his brother.
Payne had numerous roles on the 2002-2005 science fiction series Stargate SG-1, and its 2004-2009 spin-off series Stargate Atlantis, both shot in Vancouver; these included Kull Warriors and an Ashrak assassin on Stargate SG-1, and the Wraith king in the Stargate Atlantis episode "Sateda". Payne appeared as Nathan Davidson, a married, sexually-repressed father in the 2008 film Mulligans, a role of which Payne stated in 2016, "It is still one of my proudest efforts". He also appeared as Dollar Bill in Watchmen (2009).
Payne starred as Cesar Divine in the web based television series Divine:The Series that stretched four episodes.
|2002||Cover Story||Uniformed Cop|
|2006||LovecraCked! The Movie||Mark|
|2006||John Tucker Must Die||Skip #6|
|2007||Will of the Wisp||Husband||Short film|
|2007||Unbearable Love||Walter||Short film|
|2008||The Auburn Hills Breakdown||Dan||Short film|
|2009||Smile of April||Adrian|
|2009||Under the Hood||Dollar Bill||Direct-to-video|
|2009||Driven to Kill||Sergei||Direct-to-video|
|2010||Blood: A Butcher's Tale||Victor|
|2011||Last Christmas||Dad||Short film|
|2012||The Cabin in the Woods||Mathew Buckner|
|2012||Underworld: Awakening||Lycan Creature #2|
|2012||Christmas Miracle||Joseph Wells|
|2012||A Christmas Story 2||Ensign Payne||Direct-to-video|
|2013||Leap 4 Your Life||Henry|
|2016||Star Trek Beyond||Wadjet|
|2018||The Steam Engines of Oz||Blackburn||Voice role|
|2001||MythQuest||Osiris||Episode: "Isis & Osiris: Part 1"|
|2002||It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie||Handsome Executive||TV movie|
|2002||Snow Queen'||Various||TV movie|
|2002–2005||Stargate SG-1||Various||13 episodes|
|2003||A Screwball Homicide||TV movie|
|2003||Another Country||Cop #2||TV movie|
|2003||Just Cause||Chris||Episode: "Lies, Speculation & Deception"|
|2003||Smallville||Lexcorp Airport Security||Episodes: "Exodus", "Phoenix"|
|2004||Pryor Offenses||Randall||TV movie|
|2004||The L Word||Policeman||Episode: "Pilot"|
|2004||Stargate Atlantis||Wraith Warrior||Episode: "Rising"|
|2004||Dead Like Me||Walter||Episode: "Ashes to Ashes"|
|2005||The Muppets' Wizard of Oz||Weatherman||TV movie|
|2005||Stargate Atlantis||Lt. Reed||Episode: "Runner"|
|2006||Stargate Atlantis||Big Wraith / Super Soldier||Episodes: "Sateda", "Phantoms"|
|2006||Saved||Jonathan Locker||Episode: "Who Do You Trust?"|
|2006||Whistler||Colin||Episode: "Gathering Clouds"|
|2006||Alice, I Think||John MacLeod||13 episodes|
|2007||Sanctuary||Monster on TV / Corporate Vampire||Episodes: "1.1", "1.8"|
|2007||Tin Man||Longcoat Leader||TV miniseries|
|2008||The Triple Eight||Handsome Boyfriend (uncredited)||Episode: "Cat in a Hot Tin Box"|
|2008||Stargate Atlantis||Male Wraith (uncredited)||Episode: "Spoils of War"|
|2008||Robson Arms||Richard||Episode: "Positivity"|
|2008||The Secret Lives of Second Wives||Alex||TV movie|
|2009||Battlestar Galactica||Sean Ellison||Episode: "Daybreak: Part 2"|
|2009||Health Nutz||Walter Schultz||TV movie|
|2010||Human Target||Foster Larouche||Episode: "Corner Man"|
|2010||A Family Thanksgiving||Bill||TV movie|
|2010||Tower Prep||Coach||7 episodes|
|2011||Fairly Legal||Nick Grunyan||Episode: "Believers"|
|2011||Om Inc.||Rash Customer||TV series|
|2011||Divine: The Series||Cesar Divine||4 episodes|
|2011–2012||R. L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series||Various||Recurring role|
|2013||The Hunters||Carter Flynn||TV movie|
|2014||Supernatural||Abner||Episode: "Road Trip"|
|2014||Once Upon a Time in Wonderland||Captain of the Guard||Episode: To Catch a Thief|
|2015||Descendants||King Beast||Disney Channel Original Movie|
|2016||All Yours||Matthew Walker||TV movie (Hallmark)|
|2016||A Time to Dance||John Reynolds||TV movie (Hallmark)|
|2016||Good Witch||John||Recurring role|
|2016||Legends of Tomorrow||Obsidian||Episode: "The Justice Society of America"|
|2017||Descendants 2||King Beast||Disney Channel Original Movie|
|2018||Once Upon a Time||Ivo||Episode "Chosen"|
|2019||Descendants 3||King Beast||Disney Channel Original Movie|
|2019||The Flash||Shay Lamden / King Shark||Episode: "King Shark vs. Gorilla Grodd"|
- Lavin, Laura. "THE BIG PERSONALITY: Dan Payne - Monday Magazine". mondaymag.com. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- Crawford, Julie. "North Van actor Dan Payne good at playing the bad guy". nsnews.com. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- "An Interview with Dan Payne: Transparency and in Sanctuary S3!". wormholeriders.com. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- Times, Windy City. "Dan Payne:'Mulligans' stew - Gay Lesbian Bi Trans News Archive - Windy City Times". Windy City Times. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- Media, Click. "Interview – Dan Payne and Jason Fischer (Divine: The Series)". clickonline.com. Archived from the original on 8 January 2017. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- "My Devotional Thoughts | Interview With Actor Dan Payne". mydevotionalthoughts.net. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- "Jennie Garth, Dan Payne And Corbin Bernsen Star In 'Karen Kingsbury's A Time To Dance,' Premiering May 15 On Hallmark Movies & Mysteries | Multichannel". www.multichannel.com. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- "The Magic Returns on W Network with a New Season of Good Witch Beginning April 21 - Corus Entertainment". corusent.com. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- SHOOT: Disney’s DESCENDANTS Films at BC Legislature in Victoria, June 17, 2014, YVRshoots